- Food and Cooking
Maple Rice Krispies Treats
If you like crispy rice cereal and maple syrup, you will love these Maple Rice Krispies Treats And Caramel Sauce. They are everyone's favorite cereal treat with the subtle flavor of maple and a yummy caramel sauce for dipping.
The addition of pure maple syrup to the original Rice Krispies recipe takes these treats to a whole new level. And well, everything tastes better when dipped in a yummy sauce!
Cut the treats into squares or use cookie cutters to make fun shapes and give everyone a small bowl of caramel sauce for dipping. I betcha everyone will be clamouring for seconds and licking their bowl cleans!
For another Canadian themed recipe, check out how I made these fun patriotic Canadian Flag Rice Krispies Treats.
Do you like the maple leaf shape? I used a maple leaf cookie cutter to make our treats extra "Canadian." I can think of at least a dozens of ways to use this!
- Maple Rice Krispie Treats:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Maple Caramel Sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
More yummy ideas for serious Rice Krispies lovers. This also makes a great gift for moms and dads of school age kids.
- Place the butter in a large bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can melt the butter in a saucepan on the stove.
- Add the marshmallows and maple syrup.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals until the marshmallows are melted. Or melt the marshmallows over low heat on the stove, stirring constantly.
- Mix really well.
- Add the Rice Krispies Cereal and stir gently until combined.
- Pour into the greased pan and pat down.
- Cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When they are cold, cut into squares or use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes.
- While they are cooling, make the caramel sauce.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine the butter, sugar and salt. Stir continuously until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to medium low and add the maple syrup. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce becomes thick and smooth.
- Pour into jars and allow to cool.
- Dip the Maple Rice Krispies Treats into the Caramel Sauce for an extra sweet delight!
© 2014 Corrinna Johnson