The Best-Ever Maple Cupcakes, A Maple Syrup Recipe
A Maple Syrup Recipe For Cupcakes
I love maple syrup. Real maple syrup, that is, and when I find a recipe that includes this natural product, I am thrilled. It is with great pleasure then that I am happy to be able to share with you a discovery that I made in February of 2006 for the best-ever maple syrup cupcake recipe.
What is maple syrup? Why it is a natural product made from the sap of maple trees found in parts of Canada and the United States. When I grew up we went to the sugar bush every single spring to see maple syrup being made.
People most commonly use maple syrup to dress their pancakes, waffles and French toast. However, it can be used in many meals and recipes, like these amazing maple syrup cupcakes, my best-ever carrot cake, baked beans and so much more.
This recipe is from Country Living Magazine, an issue that, if I remember correctly, highlighted a few interesting maple syrup recipes. The next time I make these yummy cupcakes, I will be sure to add a picture of my results with the warning that my cooking is usually yummy but often not pretty! Meanwhile, I will share this picture of the cupcakes from Country Living. I hope you enjoy this springtime treat!
The Best-Ever Maple Cupcake Recipe - Makes 18 of the best cupcakes!
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 stick or 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven 350 degrees F.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ginger together. Set aside.
- Then beat the butter and sugar on medium speed in a large bowl until they are fluffy. (Your butter must be soft!)
- Add in eggs, syrup and vanilla. Mix until blended.
- Then mix in the flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk. Do about one-third of the flour and then one-third of the buttermilk, and so on.
- Add in, by hand, the nuts.
- Fill muffin or cupcake tins, either lined or buttered, according to your preference.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until your tester comes out clean. I use a steak knife.
- Cool totally and then ice with Maple-Butter Frosting.
- Makes about 18 cupcakes.
Maple-Butter Frosting Recipe
1 cup of softened, unsalted butter
3 ounces of cream cheese, also softened
2/3 cup of dark-brown sugar (I use golden)
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup of maple syrup
3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of confectioners' (icing) sugar
- Beat the softened butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and salt in a medium-sized bowl until fluffy. Once again, it is critical that your ingredients be softened.
- While you keep beating, add both the maple syrup and the vanilla.
- Slowly add the confectioners' sugar and gradually increase the speed to high. Continue beating until the icing is fluffy.
- Chill the maple-butter frosting for one hour before using.
- Ice the cupcakes as you do any cupcake, making a small well in the center. Pour in a small amount of maple syrup to fill the indentation.
Buy Real Maple Styrup From Amazon
Only real maple syrup will do in these cupcakes or in any maple syrup recipe, for that matter!
More Maple Syrup Cupcake Recipes
- Double-Maple Cupcakes Recipe from Myrecipes.com
Another interesting maple syrup recipe for cupcakes; this one is from myrecipes.com.
- Maple Bacon Cupcake Recipe from Bacon Today
People really do mix up their cupcakes with sweet, sweet bacon.
- Maple Syrup Cupcakes Recipe with Maple Syrup Frosting
A Maple Syrup Cupcakes Recipe. A flavorful comforting Maple syrup cupcake brimming with maple-ooze delight.
- Maple French Toast and Bacon Cupcakes Recipe from The Food Network
Food Network invites you to try this Maple French Toast and Bacon Cupcakes recipe from Food Network Magazine.
- Vegan maple-walnut cupcakes with cream cheese frosting from the Taste Goblet
maple walnut cupcakes. What makes the cupcakes unique is that the walnuts are coated with a maple syrup and cinnamon shell before being chopped and folded through the batter. Which means you get a crunch of candied walnuts with every bite of fluffy m
- Maple Carrot Cupcake Recipe From allrecipes.com
"I COME from a family of cooks and was inspired to cook and bake ever since I was young. Mother and Grandmom were always in the kitchen cooking up something delicious. This recipe is handed down from Grandmom and is always requested at special gather
- Maple-Walnut Cupcakes From Martha Stewart
Maple Buttercream is the perfect complement to these walnut cupcakes.
The KitchenAid 5 Quart Stand Mixer, A Top-Rated Baking Tool - A must have in the kitchen. Unfortunately, not available in maple so I have featured it in this ma
If you are interested in one of these marvelous Kitchenaid machines, you might find my review page, Kitchenaid 5 Quart Stand Mixer, helpful. My page reviewed Martha Stewart's robin's egg blue mixer; but it is simply the typical 5 quart mixer in Martha's signature color.
This is what Kathleen, who was gifted with this Kitchenaid mixer had to say about hers, "This mixer is as sturdy as a tank, and you can hear the quality as it mixes. Although I had previously purchased a KitchenAid mixer for my daughter as a gift, I would never have splurged on one for myself. I am so happy my husband thought I was worth it!"
Are YOU a maple syrup addict?
Are You A Maple Syrup Addict?
Then tie on a maple syrup apron!
Do you love maple syrup as much as I do? Are you a maple syrup addict? Bet you did not know there was such a thing, did you? Well if you love maple syrup in the morning, maple syrup at teatime and maple syrup at suppertime, it may just be time to tie on a maple syrup apron. You can click right here to read more about this fun maple syrup apron on Zazzle.
If you need a new apron, but this is not the one for you, visit my index page, which is packed with great apron choices for every occasion, reason and season by clicking right here.
Subscribe to Country Living Magazine For More Great Country-Style Recipes - And a whole lot more!
AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEW:"Even when I lived in the city - yearning to be in the country - I loved this magazine! As a matter of fact I just picked up 12 year old copies at a yard sale this summer and the articles, recipes and tips are just as valuable today as they were back then! While other magazines get leafed through from friends and visitors to our home, Country Living always seems to get well worn, well actually devoured is likely a better word! Even my 12 year old reads it!" ~~ Laura Childs
Maple Syrup Cookbook: 100 Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner - By Ken Haedrich
If you love maple syrup and are looking for more recipe ideas, this book is exactly what you need. With over 100 recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner creations like Maple Cream Biscuits, Maple Apple Pie, Banana Nut Pancakes and Death by Chocolate Waffles, you are sure to find some more maple syrup recipe inspiration. Recipes galore!
More Cupcake Recipes And Gift Ideas
- Martha Stewart's Cupcakes Book Review
I waited anxiously for June 2nd, 2009, the date when Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book was released and I was not disappointed. A beautiful cupcake book. Read more.
- If You Give A Cat A Cupcake Children's Book Review
If You Give A Cat A Cupcake is a beautiful children's book which features a cat and his cupcakes. Beautiful & fun!
- Crazy About Cupcakes? Tie on a Cupcake Apron!
Cupcake bakers unite! Buy a cupcake apron! You'll find the best cupcake aprons gathered together on this page.
- The Best-Ever Lemon Cupcakes Recipe ~~ An Adventure Story
The Lemon Cupcake recipe from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes cookbook is absolutely amazing. On this page, you will find the lemon cupcake recipe and my story.My story actually starts with Martha Stewart's Mile High Lemon Meringue Pie.
- Pretty & Pink Little Girls Cupcake Clothing Takes The Cake
If you like cupcakes, I'm bet you've seen some of the great little girl cupcake-themed clothing that is available.This page is packed with pretty items.
- Watch The Cupcake Girls Run The Cupcakes Bakery On This Unique New Food Show
Two best friends go into business together and break all the rules. They open their business without a PLAN, knowing nothing about their PRODUCT, they are best friends PLUS they employ their family members.Their business? A cupcake bakery.
- Cute Cake Stands
Why not perk up the party with one of these fun cake stands?