- Food and Cooking
Lens is written in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Marmer cake atau sering juga disebut marble / zebra cake adalah cake yang paling disukai oleh keluarga kami. Cara membuatnya pun mudah sekali, dan rasanya lembut, enak dan dijamin akan langsung habis dalam sekejap. Usahakan untuk memakai mentega dan coklat bubuk yang terbaik agar rasanya menjadi lebih enak.
Marmer cake or often is also called "marble / zebra cake" is my family's favorite cake. It is extremely easy to bake this cake and when you eat it, the rich flavor from the butter and the chocolate will melt in your mouth and I can guarantee you, this cake will be gone in just a few minutes. I highly recommend you to use the rich butter & the best cocoa powder to make it taste better.
- 6 kuning telur
- 5 putih telur
- 300 gr mentega (room temperature)
- 250 gr gula halus
- 225 gr tepung terigu
- 25 gr cokelat bubuk, ayak
- 1/2 sdt vanili
- 6 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- 300 g butter (room temperature)
- 250 gr caster sugar
- 225 gr self-raising flour
- 25 gr cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 / 2 teaspoon vanilla
How to Make
1. Nyalakan oven & panaskan dgn suhu 160C. Siapkan loyang kue, oleskan mentega cair (biasanya saya pakai mentega blue band) dan tepung sedikit.
2. Kocok mentega & gula halus sampai lembut. Masukkan kuning telur satu per-satu sambil dikocok terus. Masukkan vanili. Masukkan tepung terigu, aduk rata.
3. Kocok putih telur sampai kaku. Masukkan ke dalam adonan (2), aduk rata. Ambil 1/4 adonan, campur dengan cokelat bubuk, aduk rata.
4. Tuang sebagian adonan putih ke dalam loyang yg diolesi margarin (aku pake blue-band), dan ditaburi tepung, lalu adonan cokelat, lalu sisa adonan putih.
5. Aduk pelan permukaan adonan dalam loyang dengan garpu untuk mendapatkan corak marmer setelah matang.
6. Panggang dengan suhu 160C selama 50 menit.
7. Setelah matang, dinginkan dulu beberapa saat sebelum dipotong.
1. Preheat oven to 160C and brush the cake pan with melted butter and sifted flour. I prefer to use Indonesian margarine called Blue Band because it gives a little bit saltiness to this sweet marble cake. The sifted flour can be replaced with non-stick baking paper.
2. Beat butter and caster sugar until smooth. Add the egg yolks one by one beat well for each addition of egg until well combined. Add the vanilla. Add the flour and stir well.
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Add this stiffed egg whites into the batter (2), mix well. Take 150 cc dough or 1/4 dought, mixed with chocolate powder and stir well.
4. Pour some white batter (3) into the cake pan, then chocolate mixture, then the remaining dough white.
5. Stir slowly the surface of the dough in the cake pan with a fork to get the marble pattern after being cooked.
6. Bake with a temperature of 160C for 50 minutes or you can insert the skewer / cake tester to ensure the cake is well cook through.
7. Remove from the oven, leave it for few minutes in a cake pan. And then turn it over in a cake cool rack and ready to be served.
This cake is best eaten when it's still warm.
My best friends kitchen companion to produce the best marble cake
This is my favorite bundt cake pan, everytime I bake my marble cake using this pan, it always comes up perfect, crusty on the outside but moist on the inside. And the beauty of this pan is that it is non-sticky. I never bother to use any non-stick baking paper anymore because my marble cake always slip out nicely from the pan without sticking. Moreover, this pan also heated up evenly and it's not too light nor too heavy. Perfect cake pan.
I still brush the pan with my favorite margarine, not because I'm scared the cake will stick into the pan, but because I love the crusty saltiness on the outside of the cake.
Highly Recommended Bundt Cake Pan.
Another Variety of Marble Cake - Chocolate and Orange Marble Cake
Ini adalah video cara pembuatan coklat dan orange marmer cake yang didemonstrasikan oleh Sue McMahon, Editor dari Majalah The Women Weekly.
Bahan-bahan yang diperlukan:
- 175gr mentega (suhu ruangan)
- 175gr gula halus
- 3 telur ukuran sedang
- 200gr tepung
- 1 jeruk
- 125gr coklat
A video of how to make chocolate and orange marble cake by The Woman's Weekly Cookery Editor - Sue McMahon.
175g butter (room temperature)
175g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
200g self-raising flour
125g plain chocolate
1kg loaf tin (with cake liner)
In the past, I hated making cakes not because it's a hard thing to do, but because I hate washing the dishes afterwards. Especially washing the mixing bowl which was sticky with butter.
However, everything changed after I found this Oxo Good Grips Mixing Bowl
The beauty of this mixing bowl is the fact that it has a non-stick rubber at the bottom of the bowl so I can mix as well as adding ingredients at one time. I wouldn't need to worry that the mixing bowl will move around due to this non-stick rubber.
Moreover, its stainless-steel material will make this bowl very easy to clean.