- Food and Cooking
Meatless Dinner Ideas
Vegetarian Meals to Make in a Snap
Although I'm not a vegetarian, many of my meals are meatless.
These meatless dinner and lunch ideas come from using what I have on hand and what sounds good together at the time. I hope you get a few ideas for some quick and easy meals.
I made this open face sandwich as a quick, healthy meal. I toasted two slices of green chili bread, topped it with cream cheese, and added sliced cucumbers and tomatoes. Then I sprinkled garlic powder on top. Delicious!
With a piece of fruit like an apple or pear, this makes a great easy lunch that's really tasty!
Photo credit for all food photos on this page: Peggy Hazelwood
I eat Ramen noodles a few times a month, and find that if I add a few veggies, this inexpensive food can be a tasty, complete meal.
- 1 package Ramen noodles
- cooked vegetables on hand
- 1/2 chopped cucumber
- ~ Cook the Ramen noodles according to the package instructions.
- ~ Scrounge around in the refrigerator for leftover cooked veggies or raw ones. Prepare the vegetables by chopping them very small. Cook the raw vegetables for a few minutes in the microwave. I like to add about a cup of vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower.
- ~ Chop the cucumber into small sticks or pieces.
- ~ Assemble all in a bowl. Add the seasoning packet or your own seasonings. Enjoy!
Nonstick Cookware for Easy Cooking - and Easy Clean Up
Bamboo Cooking Spoon Set
Rice and Beans
I love eating rice and beans! I drain a can of beans, add a few chopped onions and peppers to a skillet and cook with the beans and add some spices. Then I top rice with the bean mixture and add sour cream or shredded cheese. So good!
Serving Bowls - Enjoy Your Food
Quick Vegetable Salad - Salad Doesn't Have to Be Just Lettuce
I love vegetable salads and experimenting with pairing new ingredients.
- 1 large tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup kidney beans
- salt and pepper
- ~ Open the can of kidney beans. Drain in a colander and rinse.
- ~ Chop the tomato and avocado into bite-sized pieces.
- ~ Assemble all in a bowl. Mix. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- Add a wedge of cheese, a roll, and fruit for a complete meal.
Bamboo Cutting Boards
Enjoy Meatless Meals - Endless Ideas for Your Entire Year
Chop with a Good Paring Knife
Little Dabs Lunch - also known as cleaning out the fridge
Sometimes I love to just have a lunch of what my mom called "little dabs." She would pull out everything from the refrigerator including leftovers, pickles, opened containers like cottage cheese, and we'd all choose from the assortment what to eat.
And if we finished them all, Mom would say, "It'll be a fair day tomorrow!" I don't know why, but that's what she said.
Here's my latest Little Dabs lunch: half a red bell pepper, sliced beets, kidney beans, crackers, pickles, cottage cheese, and olives from the bottom of the barrel. Yum! I actually look forward to meals like this.
Bed Tray - Relax with a Great Meal and a Book or Movie
This author, Peggy Hazelwood, participates in Amazon, eBay, All Posters, and other affiliate advertising programs. When you click an advertising link on this page and make a purchase, I receive a small percent of the sale. Thank you for reading this far!