Melted Witch Punch Recipe
Melted Witch Punch: A Recipe
We are busy planning for my daughter's upcoming 6th Birthday Party. She has chosen a Wizard of OZ theme, and there are so many neat foods and drink ideas we are considering. Today we gave a test run of our Melted Witch Punch. This drink will make a great addition to any Wizard of OZ Party, or it could be equally enjoyable at a Halloween Party this fall as well. While I found similar recipes with a google search, they were a little too sweet looking. My recipe is still sweet enough, but not overly so. I hope you will give it a try, and be sure to tell us what you think below.
Photos by Agalova
Who is your favorite OZ Character?
- 1 2 liter Bottle Lemon-Lime Soda
- 1 Packet Lime Kool Aid (unsweetened)
- 1 Large Bottle Perrier or soda water
- 1 Container Lime Sherbet
- In a large punch bowl empty the Kool-Aid packet into the punch bowl and then add the Perrier and Lemon-Lime Soda. Next add the sherbet scoop by scoop. Add enough scoops to cover the top of the bowl with froth. Stir gently to make more froth if needed. If there are many guests, you can refresh the punch by adding more soda and sherbet as needed. It is very forgiving, so don't worry about getting the ratios perfect. Enjoy!
Melted Witch Punch Ideas
We are still a few weeks away from my daughter's party, but we have been bouncing around ideas for a few months now.
- For our party we will serve our punch in the big bowl in the picture, but we are making a pointed black hat to decorate the side of the bowl.
- We will also serve some pink lemonade which we will call Glenda's Good Witch Lemonade and we will serve that from a sun tea pitcher.
- We are serving PB&J sandwiches cut in star shapes with pretzel rods for magic wands.
If you have any menu ideas to share, feel free to share them in my guestbook!
Perrier is Refreshingly Bubbly
I love Perrier and always have some on hand. That is what made me think of using this for the Melted Witch Punch.
Perrier is a great addition to this recipe to cut some of the sugar without losing any of the fizz of the punch. It is also great to have some extra chilled to serve the adults who may not want to partake of the punch!
The Birthday Girl Gives her Seal of Approval!
Witch's Punch Video
This recipe is a bit different than mine, but I love the Dry Ice effect! This would make a perfect Halloween presentation, but I may try this for the Wizard of OZ Party. It would surly keep the punch cool in the hot summer weather!