- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How To Make Homemade Salad Dressing With Tarragon and Mustard
Homemade Salad Dressing
Making salad dressing at home is a quick task that allows for endless flavor possibilities. This recipe is for a simple oil and vinegar dressing that is enlivened with garlic, lemon and tarragon.
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar rice wine
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 2 T dried tarragon
- 1/2 t dried thyme
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 t sugar
- 1/8 t pepper
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 T fresh Meyer lemon juice
- Mesclun or other salad greens
What To Do
- Combine the oil and vinegar and shake together.
- Add all the other ingredients and shake together again.
- Pour lightly over the salad greens and sprinkle with additional dried tarragon.
Mesclun literally means "a mix," so any combination of tender salad greens will do. If you want to try harvesting your own, salad greens grow fairly quickly from seed and will thrive indoors on a windowsill.
Do you make your own salad dressing?
Growing Herbs and Salad Greens At Home
- The One Window Herb Garden
Even if only one window in your house or apartment gets good light, it's possible to start an herb garden and find satisfaction in harvesting pinches and sprigs of your own homegrown herbs.
- Edible Flowers: Nasturtium Flowers
Nasturtiums are brightly colored, cheerful flowers that are also fully edible. The flowers pair sweetness and spice while the leaves deliver peppery punches.
- Starting a Culinary Herb Garden At Home
When you cultivate your own mix of fresh herbs, you'll be unconstrained by the varieties usually sold in a supermarket. The only limits are your time, patience and gardening skill.
- Edible Flowers For Salads
Edible flowers add elegance, color and spice to salads. Learn where to find them, what they look like and how those pretty, edible petals taste.