A Gluten Free Mexican Salmon Spaghetti Recipe
What is Gluten Free Food?
Gluten free food is food that does not contain any wheat (gluten) products or ingredients.
Why Eat Gluten Free?
Most people choose to eat gluten free food out of necessity for personal health. Some people can develop allergies or intolerances to wheat (gluten) and therefore cannot consume any food that contains such ingredients.
Some people choose to eliminate wheat (gluten) from their personal diet for healthier living and/or weight (fat) loss.
Gluten Free living may be a choice for some, but it is necessary for others. Either way, it can become very difficult to find easy and affordable recipes to prepare and cook at home that taste great. One should understand that it is possible to make extremely delicious gluten free meals within the household that are in budget and very easy to prepare, cook, and serve.
- Salmon Fillets, Boneless
- Corn Spaghetti
- Mole Sauce
- Preheat a large pan on medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp butter to the pan.
- Once preheated, place salmon fillets on saucepan in the butter. Turn heat to 3.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and garlic to the top of the salmon fillets. Cover.
- In a medium pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add corn spaghetti to the boiling water. Let boil for 7 to 8 minutes.
- In a small saucepan (pot) mix 1 cup of water with 1 packet of mole sauce over medium heat.
- Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Once boiled, stir continuously for 20 seconds, remove sauce from heat (or keep on low heat until the salmon is fully cooked).
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain and rinse.
- Flip the salmon fillets (add more butter if needed).
- Cook the Salmon until it reaches a pale pink in color and becomes flaky and golden brown on the top (the salmon should peel off the skin very easily).
- Place spaghetti on the plate, topped with salmon, with a drizzle of mole sauce on top.
- Serve with vegetables on the side.
Salmon cost approximately $7.99 per pound.
Corn Spaghetti cost approximately $4.99 per package.
Mole Sauce cost approximately $1.99 per package.
Be Proud to Eat Gluten Free!
Any recipe found can be made gluten free. To make a recipe gluten free, one must substitute the wheat product with a gluten free product. Gluten free products are sold in most local supermarkets or can be found in a natural food store or co-op.
No matter what reason one may have to live a gluten free lifestyle, one can (and should) still be able to eat food packed with flavor. Gluten free living no longer has to be filled with bland and boring food. Now when one is forced to live gluten free or chooses to live gluten free, one can make and eat delicious, flavorful, and healthy food for any meal.