Savory Mini Vegetable Quiche recipe for a wonderful appetizer or brunch entrée!
Mini Quiches are so festive and pretty and so yummy too. With this mini quiche recipe you can make beautiful appetizers for any party. Are you going to or hosting a brunch or maybe a baby or wedding shower? Make mini quiche! These pretty quiches will be the hit of the party. These savory vegetable mini quiches are quick, easy and healthy! You can adapt the recipe to use any veggies you have on hand. Read on to find out how simple it is to make these pretty, tasty appetizers. You will find step-by-step instructions for this recipe for these savory mini quiche.
There used to be a buzz line that "Real Men don't eat Quiche." Well, I say real men (and women, and kids too) eat Quiche! How about you?
Do you eat quiche?
Gather your Ingredients for Savory Mini Veggie Quiche!
All you need are eggs, milk, cheese, mushrooms, zucchini, onion, fresh garlic, bacon, and pie crust (I use ready made, but you can make your own). You can also use whatever fresh vegetables you have on hand instead.
I love my mini muffin pans. I prefer the non-stick variety. I use mine to make brownie bites, mini quiche and mini cupcakes, (My kids never seem to eat a whole cupcake anyway--the mini ones are much better!)
Chop the veggies to make mini quiche - Chopping is easier with a great chopper!
I use a chopper to chop the zuchinni, mushrooms, onion, and the bacon. A hand food chopper is an invaluable tool in your kitchen.
Roll out and cut your pie crust - Cut out flower shapes to make pretty mini quiche
I use ready made pie crust. I cut the flower shapes out with the bottom of my fluted bread pan or you can use a floral cookie cutter. Reroll and recut the extra crust until you have filled all of the mini muffin cups.
I used the end of my flowered bread tube to cut the quiche crusts. I use these a lot to make pretty appetizers and snacks for parties and for the kids. Use a tube of Pillsbury french bread dough in one of these bread molds for quick, easy party fare!
Use a tart tamper to push the mini quiche crust into the mini muffin pan.
A tart tamper assures that your crust is evenly placed in the mini muffin pan's cups.
Get a tart tamper!
It used to be so hard to make mini quiche crusts. I could never seem to get them into the pan evenly or without ripping the crust. Then I discovered the tart tamper. Now I simply put my crust over the muffin pan opening and gently push down with the tamper. If I am not cutting crusts for a pretty scalloped edge, I can simply put a ball of pie crust dough in the muffin pan and push down with the tart tamper. Instant crust! I also use mine for making brownie crusts for mini cookie bites.
Crusts ready to fill!
Aren't they pretty?
Mix all the other ingredients together
Use a small cookie scoop to fill the mini quiche crusts - The small scoop gives the perfect amount every time
It is so easy to fill the mini quiche crust with just the right amount of filling when you use a small cookie scoop!
Get a cookie scoop - Great for quiches, cookies and more!
The mini scoop is perfect for filling mini muffin pans! (Also great for lots of cookies!)
Bake your Mini Quiche at 375 degrees - Ready to go into the oven!
One pan full is never enough. Get 2 mini muffin tins so you can make 48 appetizers at a time!
Yum! Mini Quiche hot out of the oven!
Now all you need is to put them on a pretty serving plate. My tip for getting your mini quiche out of the muffin pan--gently tap the muffin pan against the stove top when you take the pan out of the oven. This loosens them so they pop out easily!
I love savory appetizers like these mini quiches. But some prefer sweeter appetizers like brownie bites. How about you?
Which is your favorite? Savory or Sweet?
Everyone will love you when you bring these beautiful, delicious Mini Quiche to your next gathering!
- 1 package (15 ounce) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices bacon crisply cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- dash of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Let pie crusts stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Lightly spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Whisk milk and eggs together. Chop bacon, zucchini, onion, and mushrooms. Press garlic. Add veggies and bacon and dash of black pepper to egg mixture and mix well. Roll one pie crust out onto lightly floured surface and cut out pastry pieces with fluted bread pan edge or cookie cutter. Press one pastry piece into each muffin cup using tart tamper. repeat with remaining crust to fill all muffin cups. Using small scoop, fill each muffin cup with a rounded scoop of veggie/egg mixture. Bake 17-20 minutes or until crusts are light, golden brown. Cool in pan 2 minutes; carefully remove mini quiches from pan.