Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mint Chocolate Chip is one of my favorite flavors in everything from ice cream to fudge. These Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies fit right into my favorite category. If you have ever made chocolate chip cookies, this recipe is just as easy with just a few small additions. Serve these cookies as a special treat and don't forget St. Patrick's Day, Christmas or any celebration.
Serves: Makes about 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- green food color
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Using a large mixer bowl, cream butter.
- Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat until well mixed.
- Add green food color (one drop at a time until dough is desired shade) and peppermint.
- In another bowl stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned on bottom.