Mom's Sloppy Joes, Super Fast and Easy!
This was always our favorite meal growing up. My mom made it at least once a week, and all of us children were crazy over it. It's so simple and easy, and super delicious! I now make this for my own family, and it is still one of my favorite meals. What I love about this dish is that it is so easy to make, doesn't take long at all, and the fact that it tastes so good! We just call it Mom's Sloppy Joes (much better than Manwich!) She actually came up with this recipe when she was low on ingredients one night, and everyone loved it. We usually put it on regular bread, but buns are great too!
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- Yields: 2-4
- 1 Lb. Hamburger Meat
- 1 Cup of Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Can Pork N' Beans (Don't drain)
- 2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Brown your hamburger meat, drain the grease.
- Add the can of Pork N' Beans to the meat.
- Next add your Ketchup and Mustard. Be careful not to add too much mustard, it is quite strong.
- Finally add your salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mix it up well, and cook in your skillet until it's nice and hot.
- Serve this delicious mixture on bread or buns!
I love quick and easy meals, and Betty Crocker is known for some GREAT recipes!
I would love to get a nice recipe file box like this! Comes with dividers, and cards, that make storing your favorite recipes so much easier. Great to have on hand in the kitchen too!
There are a lot of great recipe cards to choose from to store in your recipe box, I like the polka dot designs myself. This is something I'd love to do in the future to store all my favorite recipes on. Would be a great gift to pass down your family as well.