My Secret Red Velvet Cake Recipe (with Chocolate Chips)
this cake in particular does not have chocolate chips although the chocolate chips surely does step up how much better it is good with or with out them but if you would like to spice it up i would definitely add chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of butter, (must be room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, (divided into 2 different containers)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 and 1/2 cups of flour, sifted
- 1 cup of whole milk
- cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips
Making the Cake (Instructions)
- pre-heat the oven to 350degrees. Prepare your two 9-inch cake pans by coating them in butter an sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sifted cocoa powder into the pans.
- put the butter and sugar together and add eggs one at a time until they are all incorporated.
- mix in the vanilla to the same bowl.
- in a separate bowl, mix 2 table spoons of cocoa powder and the food coloring.
- then put in the remaining dry ingredients into the first bowl and add whole milk into the bowl
- then get the bowl with the cocoa powder and food coloring and add that to the first bowl, make sure everything is well mixed and add chocolate chips
- divide the butter among the 2 pans and cook each for 20 to 25 minutes
- to assemble the cake wait till the cakes are completely cooled then remove the cakes by gently flipping them down onto a serving platter then grab another plate and put the plate on the bottom side on the cake flip the cake on its correct side using both plates to flip it
- repeat this process with your other cake as well
- then cut the top of the cakes off (the part that had risen)
- then feel free to frost both of your cakes using a cream cheese frosting