- Food and Cooking
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
You think all desserts are baked?
Of course not! The fastest ones to make aren't actually baked (not all though) and this is one perfect example of them. A NO BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE! It's really hassle-free and easy to make since you just basically have to stuff it into the fridge. But more on that later. I know there are so many recipes for a no bake blueberry cheesecake out there but I'm just happy to share whatever I was able to create to you guys.
First of all I wrote a page about this for my friends who've been asking me to give them the recipe for a no bake blueberry cheesecake. I've personally made this only twice so far and my family and friends liked it. Second, my other purpose for posting this lens is to get suggestions as to how to
make it better since like what I said, there are so many versions of this in the internet.
We don't have an oven at home and I'm a sucker for baking. I've never actually TRIED to bake in my whole life, but I always wanted to. There's just something about the pleasure I get when I prepare food for my loved ones. That's when I started to search the internet for no bake desserts and I bumped into a couple of recipes for a no bake blueberry cheesecake.
So I'll share my version to you guys and hope you'll like it. Your comments and suggestions would be very much appreciated.
My First No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake - ...EPIC FAIL!
Just look at that! When I removed the side of the spring form my mom was like "What is that?!?" with a facial expression of confusion leaning in to the disgusted side. I got really disheartened thinking that she won't even lay a finger on it judging by the look on her face. Then eventually she started laughing at it because she was watching me while I was making it and saw my effort into it and it just turned out to be like this. Whenever I come looking at this picture again I can't help but laugh as well. I mean look at that thing, a violet UFO!
If it looked so awful why did I take a picture of it? Well I just like taking pictures of my "firsts" whenever I can so if there's something I need to improve then I could take note of it for next time. What exactly did I do wrong? Well I poured one whole can of the blueberry preserves with the spring form on (which I thought was the right thing to do). That's why it started oozing down the sides of the cheesecake when I removed the spring form.
Would you eat a blueberry cheesecake that looks like this? Eww!
Sure it looked AWFUL...
But what about the taste?
My mom loves me so much. So no matter how disgusting it looks like, she still took the courage to taste it anyway. She asked for a slice and so I gave her one (I went through a very messy process of slicing that) and I can still see the hesitant look on her face when she took it from me. The moment she took her first bite, her eyes got really big and she looked at me. Now whenever she does that it's a sign that she's having a really good time with that piece of no bake blueberry cheesecake in her mouth.
Finally she blurted out "Quay this is really good!" (by the way Quay is my nickname if you're wondering what that is) and she finished that one slice in a jiffy.
Looks can be deceiving huh? So I grabbed a slice for myself and man I could admit that the taste is good for a first timer like me. Although I know that anyone can pull this off, it's an achievement on my end. I felt so glad that my mom really liked it. I also let my boyfriend get a taste of it and he had 4 slices in a row! I think I just had 2 slices because he ate almost all of it hahaha!
Based on my story you can tell that my mom and my boyfriend are the panel of judges. They're foodies (including me) so if they liked the food I'm pretty sure everyone else would like it.
Quennie's No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake - No bake but it's a cake!
Would you attempt to try and eat this no bake blueberry cheesecake if it looked like that? (Pointing up at the pics)
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Ingredients
- 2 boxes of 8oz cream cheese
- 2 envelopes of plain gelatin
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 1/2 cups of crushed grahams
- 3tbsp melted butter
- brown sugar (optional)
- Blueberries (fresh or preserves)
- 500ml cream
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe - Step by step!
I'm not really good with presentations that's why it appeared to look like the one on the picture. But like what I said the taste isn't so bad at all. So I'll share to you guys how I made my version of no bake blueberry cheesecake on a step by step procedure. Feel free to do it at home and you can also do some tweaking to make it taste (and look) better.
- Prepare the butter and set it aside, let it melt at room temperature.
- Get your pie crust ready. Before spreading it on the spring form, you can also mix it with a couple tablespoon of brown sugar to make it sweeter. Once butter has melted, mix it in with the crust until it creates a "crumby" texture. Press it at the bottom and sides of the spring form. You have an option of letting it sit inside the freezer to have a harder crust which I did but it's not necessary.
- Heat the water while mixing in the sugar and gelatin until everything is completely dissolved. Take it out of the heat and just set aside.
- In one bowl, place the 2 blocks of cream cheese and simply break it up then fold in the cream then add vanilla extract (or you can use real vanilla if you want). You can use whichever cream you prefer. I simply used an all purpose cream and mixed those together with a whisk.
- While continuously mixing, pour in water with the gelatin and sugar and continue mixing until everything is completely mixed in with each other. Did that make sense? LOL!
- Now get your crust and slowly pour in the cheesecake filling on it. Put it in the fridge and wait. Minimum time would be 4 hours but I let mine stay in there overnight. The longer the better.
- If your preferred waiting time is over and you're excited to serve it, go ahead and pull it out of the fridge and pour blueberries on top of it. I used blueberry preserves because the syrup serves as an extra sweetener. But don't pour in the whole can on top of it like I did!
Things I used for making a no bake blueberry cheesecake
Very basic. Hand power rules! I didn't use a mixer. FYI, the cream cheese is a bit uncooperative once you mix it with the other ingredients.
Pros and Cons
Making a no bake blueberry cheesecake unfortunately has a downside too...
- it's so easy to make even a 1 year old could do this...well not really.
- it could be done in less than 20 minutes
- it tastes almost as good as the baked one
- it's good during the summer since it's technically a "frozen" dessert
- you don't need an oven
- it easily melts
- it's not something that you could make and bring to your friend's house (like what I said it will melt)
- it's not as good as the baked one
- umm...you don't need a fridge?
Other no bake desserts - You might wanna try...and I as well!
I'm surprised that there are so many desserts out there that needs no baking. This gives me hope to bake without...well...baking! Alright I'm not making any sense now so I'll shut up.