No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
How to make the yummiest cheesecake
Cheesecake is a favourite dessert and considered to be a sophisticated treat to have for morning or afternoon tea. This is a very easy and simple recipe to make, it is for people who don't like to bake and just like to mix things, like me. . . first of all you need to reserve half an hour to make this easy no bake cheesecake.
- 180 g sweet biscuit
- 90 g unsalted butter, melted
- 250 g packet cream cheese, softened
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
Step by step instructions
- Put the 180 g sweet biscuit into a plastic bag and by using a rolling pin crush it finely.
- Transfer the crushed biscuit in a bowl and add the 90g of melted butter. Mix well using a spatula.
- Then press the mixture in a 23 cm foil line pie plate/pan and form your crust /base here. Always press the crumbs firmly into the base of the pan using the bottom of glass or the back of the spoon.
- Put the pie plate in the fridge to chill for about 10-15 minutes.
While your crust/base chills in the fridge . . .
5. In a bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
6. Gradually add and beat in 1 can of condensed milk in the bowl.
7. Add 1/3 cup of lemon juice and vanilla, mix well and continue to beat until smooth.
8. Now spoon over the mixture evenly into the chilled shell/base, smooth the surface and refrigerate for about 3 - 4 hours but best to leave overnight.
9.You can top or decorate it with passionfruit pulp or grated chocolate when you're ready to serve.
So what are you waiting for !! Happy Cheesecake making !!!
Before you start just make sure you have all the ingredients and don't forget to read my tips for making this delish cheesecake!
• Suggested biscuit to use for the crush: "Arnotts Nice Biscuit" but if you don't like the base to be so sweet, you can use the Arrowroot biscuit.
• If you don't want to crush the biscuit using a rolling pin, you can crush the biscuit in the food processor.
- Never use green lemons as the filling won't set.
• You can top the cheesecake with, mango pulp or any fresh fruit slice e.g. kiwi fruit, strawberry or whatever fruit that is in season, You can also dust the cheesecake with icing sugar, cocoa or chocolate powder, or serve with whipped cream on top.
• For a firmer cheesecake you can add a little gelatine, just dissolve 1 tsp. gelatine in 1 tablespoon hot water and fold through the mixture.
• Cheesecake is best made 24 hours prior to using.
Please note that the time taken may be longer depending on materials and familiarity with recipe.