Nut-Free Cookies ~ Easy Heath English Toffee Cracker Bar Cookie Recipe
These Delicious Toffee Cracker Cookies Have Many Names
Are You Ready for my Favorite Family Cookie Recipe?
Sweet, crispy, slightly salty, and covered in rich chocolate, these treats are my favorite cookies to eat or to give as gifts.
These cookie bars, also known as Christmas Crack, are a favorite by both my daughters, too. I'm just waiting for their kids to make their requests. These brickle-type bars always make my Christmas Cookie list, too.
A special thanks to my sister who introduced us to these delectable morsels, and is kind enough to always share her recipes.
Have You Eaten these Toffee Bars?
Have you eaten these Toffee Bars?
- 1 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- soda crackers (saltines)
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- Coat baking sheet with margarine.
- Lay crackers on bottom, side to side.
- In saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to hard boil, stirring continually, for 3 minutes.
- Spread over crackers and bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Spread to cover.
- Cool completely., then freeze until solid.
- Crack or cut into small pieces with knife.
- Return to freezer until ready to serve.
- (The original recipe calls for 3/4 cup chopped almonds to be spread over brown sugar topping, but I've never used them. )
Please Won't You Rate this Cookie Bar Recipe?
Have You Baked these Toffee Bar Cookies?
Have you baked these Toffee Bar Cookies?
English Toffee Heath Bar Cookies - Better with or without Nuts?
Heath Bar Cookies- Better with or without Nuts?
I hope you will enjoy trying one of my favorite sweet treats that combine the sweetness of toffee and rich chocolate. The complimentary salty flavor and flaky texture come from the surprise addition of Saltine crackers.
One Last Look. That Layer of Rich Chocolate will Apease any Chocoholic.
© 2015 Beth Webster-Duerr