- Food and Cooking
How To Make Gluten Free Pie Crust
With two family members eating gluten-free, I had to get my act together quick and try out some new recipes. This Nutty Pie Crust is one of my favorites and is delicious with a variety of fillings. This recipe is for a pre-baked crust for non-baked fillings. Follow recipe directions when using baked fillings such as pumpkin pie.
Serves: Makes 1 pie crust
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbls. vegetable oil
- 1 tbls. honey
- In a large bowl combine flours, nuts and baking soda.
- Mix well.
- Add vegetable oil and honey working it into a dough with your hands until well incorporated.
- Turn into a 9 inch pie dish flattening in the middle slightly.
- Press dough in and up the sides of pie dish until dough is evenly placed.
- Bake crust for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Use with your favorite filling.