- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
Southern Recipes: Orange and Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
I Love Sweet Potatoes
Great Tasting Recipes are a Delight
Great tasting recipes are a delight. Of course, there are many different types of recipes you might like to make for Thanksgiving as well as during other times of the year.
Naturally, these different types of recipes may be similar or they may be quite different than the types of recipes that you, your family or those in your region might make and enjoy.
They say that variety is the spice of life, maybe it is just one of the many spices of life. If you enjoy making homemade holiday meals while using different types of recipes, especially those you have never tried before, you might want to learn how to make some good old Southern recipes, such as this orange sweet potato casserole.
Come along and I will show you how to make this delicious side dish.
Learn How to Prepare Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato Cookbooks
If you love sweet potatoes, you may want to learn more about how to prepare them in different ways. They are delicious. They are also very healthy for you. They taste so good that getting kids to eat them is not too difficult at all. Interestingly, they are so good that others are sharing their favorite recipes with others like us.
You can make all sorts of great tasting foods and beverages by following along in a cookbook, and you can find all sorts of interesting cookbooks online today.
Sweet Potato Sprouts
Here is Our Family Favorite
Orange and Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 6 Fully Cooked Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Navel Oranges
- 3/4 cup softened butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
Total Time: about 2 hours
- Allow the butter or margarine to soften to room temperature about 20 minutes before preparation time by placing it out onto the kitchen counter.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a baking dish or casserole dish by lightly coating it with cooking spray. Set aside until needed.
- Peel the cooked sweet potatoes and then slice them thinly into the bottom of the baking dish or casserole dish. Arrange the sweet potato slices into a single layer at the bottom.
- Peel and slice the navel oranges thinly and then add a layer of orange slices over the sweet potato slices.
- Generously dot with softened butter or margarine and sprinkle on some sugar. Add another layer of sliced sweet potatoes and then another layer of navel oranges. Add more softened butter or margarine and then sprinkle again with sugar. Continue to add another layer of sweet potato slices and then slices of navel oranges. End by adding several dots of softened butter or margarine and sprinkling the top with sugar.
- Mix the freshly squeezed orange juice, or you may use regular premixed orange juice and the lemon juice. Combine well and then slowly pour this citrus mixture over the top of the orange sweet potato casserole.
- Place in preheated oven to bake for about 90 minutes or until done and the top of the casserole a light golden brown.
Sweet Potatoes are Versatile
Honey Glazed Sweet Potatoes are Yummy
Maybe You like Marshmallows in the Mix
Another Sweet Potato Recipe
Twice Baked is Twice as Nice
Just as Good as French Fries
Navel Oranges by The Fruit CompanyÂ®
"Our Navel Oranges are simply incredible! This seedless, large fruit is bursting with flavor and color. Each bright orange fruit is hand-selected from premier groves and rushed to your doorstep.
Note: Cannot be shipped to California."
...one of our favorites...
Fresh and delicious navel oranges are one of our favorites. Do you know you can get them by the crate full when they are in season? Well, you can and when you do, you will have lots of oranges for sharing and lots more for using to make all sorts of recipes.
Whether you want to cook with them or use them to make various types of nutritious beverages such as fruit smoothies, a large crate full of fresh and delicious navel oranges will not disappoint you or your family.
Try some navel oranges in a crate and you will want some each year, we do!
...get a good deal on casserole dishes...
You can find all sorts of great deals on all sorts of things when you visit online auctions. Whether you are searching for new or even antique casserole dishes, there is bound to be something you find interesting and useful. I have purchases various things from this auction site and have always been pleasantly pleased with my winnings. Check these great deals out and see what you think.
Sweet Potato Links
- 2 Easy Sweet Potato Recipes
Sweet potatoes are vegetables you can use to make various types of recipes. Here are 2 easy to make recipes that you can make at home to serve during the holiday season or while sweet potatoes are in season when you want fresh ingredients. Of...
- Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes
I believe sweet potatoes are every bit as versatile as the more traditional varieties of potato and, if anything, even more delicious. They can be incorporated in to a great many varied healthy recipes and are extremely nutritious. One simply can...
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe!
This article contains a recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole with a Nut Topping, a Marshmallow Topping, or both. Also included are other side dishes you may want to serve along with the Sweet Potatoes.
- Simple Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
A delicious soup recipe that will quickly become a Fall favorite in your kitchen. Soup is the ultimate comfort food and this one's the sweetest! It's a life-saver, time-saver and money-saver too!
- Great Sweet Potato Recipes For Holidays
Here are six recipes, types of recipes, and how to enjoy them all year round. Christmas and inter Holidays will be brighter with these fun and delicious dishes.
- Baked Sweet Potato Recipe and Nutrition Facts
The sweet potato is one of nature's perfect foods and provides many important nutrients such as potassium and calcium. This baked sweet potato recipe is simple and easy to follow.
- Baked Sweet Potato Recipes & Cooking Procedure
Baked sweet potatoes are offered in restaurants in place of the baked potatoes, with butter-and-sugar toppings. The sweet potato is also known as ‘yam' in some places in the United States. Contrary to its name, the sweet potato is not closely related
- Different Varieties of Sweet Potatoes: How do they Differ in Taste?
A look at the varying tastes of different sweet potatoes.
- All About Sweet Potatoes How to Use Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are healthier than white potatoes and deserve more use in our diets. These are not yams, find out here, how to store and use
- Granny Alexander's Famous Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
My paternal grandmother, Tiny Alexander, was known for making the best sweet potato pies in Los Angeles. Thank goodness she shared her pie recipe with her daughter-in-law (my mother), who has since given it to me.
- Sweet Potatoes Versus Yams: The Difference, Nutritional Information, and a Simple Recipe
Although used interchangeably in America, yams and sweet potatoes are two different vegetables. Read this hub to find out why, get a nutritional analysis, and find a simple recipe for roasting.
- Sweet Potato Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Dessert
If you love sweet potatoes, you've found the right place. Check out these delicious recipes for breakfast, dinner, and dessert.
- 3 Sweet Potato Recipes: Baked, Mashed, and Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a tasty, healthy treat. They are often associated with holiday meals, but are a great side dish any time of the year. When I prepare baked sweet potatoes, I make extra so that I can use the leftovers to use for mashed sweet...
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes: Recipes and Serving Suggestions for Sweet Potato Mash
Sweet potato mash is a fantastic alternative to regular mashed potatoes and goes very well with a number of accompaniments. This page provides a number of different recipe ideas for preparing and serving mashed sweet potatoes.