How to prepare and fill a pastry bag with icing for piping and decorating
Using a pastry bag will help give your food a professional presentation. Anytime you need to fill or top a food with something somewhat smooth and soft consider piping it. I use it for decorating desserts, putting dough onto pans, and even deviled eggs! Just to name a few...
Here's a video showing how with tips down below.
Helpful Hints and Tips
1. When starting out don't buy a huge piping bag. Buy one about the size in the video and refill it as needed until you become used to it. Most of the time you wont need a bigger one anyway.
2. Better to not cut enough than to cut too much! Cutting too much will not hold your tip and waist a bag. you can always cut more if you need to and using a pen to mark will help eliminate any guessing.
3. Using a coupler will enable you to use the same filling with different tips. Just unscrew and change tips as needed.
4. Always fold your bag over itself! unless of course you want your filling getting all over you as you pipe :P
5. Don't fill your bag more than half full.
Please leave comments for anymore hint or tips I missed. Also, what do you use piping bags for?? Happy Piping!