- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Spring-Fresh Pea and Mint Soup
If you are looking for a fresh, tasty soup for a delicious summer lunch, I can certainly recommend this recipe. I enjoy many different types of soup, but pea soup has always been a favorite. Recently I tried a canned pea and mint soup, and liked it a lot. I'm always a little wary of the "added ingredients" in shop bought foods, so I decided to experiment to make my own version of pea and mint soup.
It has only 6 ingredients, so not too complicated. I used frozen petit pois, but you could use larger peas if that's what you have available. The peas, mint, scallions and vegetable stock are all very low calorie, but the mascarpone and olive oil do increase the overall calories to about 360 calories for a large serving. You could lower this by using a low fat plain yoghurt instead of the mascarpone - it'll still taste delicious!
- 6 oz frozen peas
- 2 scallions
- 2 tbs mascarpone
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Â½ oz mint, leaves only
- 300 ml hot vegetable stock
- Wash and fnely chop the scallions
- Set aside a few peas, scallion pieces, whole mint leaves and a half a tablespoon of mascarpone
- Warm a pan over a low to medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and the chopped scallions and fry gently until softened
- Tip the peas into the pan and mix well with the oil and scallions
- Add the vegetable stock and increase the heat.
- Bring up to the boil and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until the peas are just tender
- Remove from the heat
- Shred remaining mint leaves
- Add the mint to the pan together with the mascarpone
- Blitz the ingredients with a hand blender or food processor to desired consistency
- Season to taste
- Return to the heat and cook until the soup returns to serving temperature.
- Ladle the hot soup into a bowl, and garnish with the extra pieces, scallion and mint
- Finish by splodging the remaining mascarpone into the center of the bowl
Chop your ingredients, and let this versatile machine saute, blend and heat your soup. You can also use it to make smoothies and crush ices.
Herb Scissors are a real time saver, quickly and evenly chopping, slicing and mincing your favorite fresh chives, scallions, parsley and more.
The five 3" blades help you to finish the job in a fraction of the time.
If you enjoyed this soup and are looking for more ideas, the Skinny Soup Maker Recipe Book has a range of low calorie, health and easy to make soups.
The Skinny Soup Maker is packed with delicious, healthy and simple-to-make soup recipes. It is perfect for anyone on a calorie controlled diet as the number of calories per serving is given with each recipe.