- Food and Cooking»
- Food For Kids
American Recipes: Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich
Peanut Butter and Banana--Cheap and Nutritious
In these days saving money means cutting back on your budget in all areas including what you spend on groceries, but that doesn't mean cutting back on taste and nutrition. One of my favorite foods from childhood is a peanut butter banana sandwich, toasted and gooey warm.
This article is dedicated toward finding ways to feed your family with peanut butter banana recipes that won't break your budget. They are all easy and fun to make, and kids love them.
Elvis Presley's Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
Food fit for the King!
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter, smooth
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread and the mashed banana on the other. Press the slices gently together.
- Melt the butter (or to be truly Elvis-like, melt bacon fat!), over low heat in a small frying pan. Place the sandwich in the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Eat it with a glass of buttermilk.
First You Need a Skillet, and You Fry It, You Fry It~Peanut, Peanut Butter and Banana - Imagine this to the tune of the Peanut Butter and Jelly Song
This is my absolutely favorite skillet. I have one at home, and I use it all the time. It is probably one of the best buys that I have ever made. My 12 year old daughter makes her own grilled cheese sandwiches in this skillet. And of course, it is perfect for peanut butter and banana sandwiches. It also comes in some other larger sizes for bigger meals.
Tribute to Elvis (hysterically funny video)
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
Are any of your kids allergic to peanut butter?
Banana Peanut Butter Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs; beat well. Stir in peanut butter, bananas, flour and baking soda until blended. Fold in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- 1 3/4 cups flour, sift before measuring
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; set aside.
- Cream shortening and peanut butter, then beat in sugar and eggs. Alternately add dry ingredients and bananas, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Pour batter into well-greased and floured loaf pan and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread - Cooked by Julie
The Ultimate Peanut Butter Book - Savory and Sweet, Breakfast to Dessert, Hundereds of Ways to Use America's Favorite Spread
Peanut butter makes everything better. Think about it: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Cold Peanut Noodles. Peanut Butter Fudge. Still not convinced? Try Peanut Butter Waffles, Pad Thai, or Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Centers. In The Ultimate Peanut Butter Book, the tenth addition to their Ultimate series, Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough offer up hundreds of recipes and variations for America's favorite spread. From comforting Peanut Butter Sticky Buns to decadent Peanut Butter Cheesecake to outrageous Elvis Spread (peanut butter, bacon, and bananas), The Ultimate Peanut Butter Book takes Peanut butter way beyond the same old PB&J.
Banana: The Fate of the Fruit That Changed the World
This fascinating look into the history of the banana is an eye-opening study from the work of award-winning journalist Dan Koeppel. He follows the journey from beginning to now, and its influence on the economy of the world and the people affected,
Another Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 10 slices buttered bread
- Blend the peanut butter with the banana until creamy. Spread the mixture over 5 slices of the bread. Top with the remaining bread.
- In a skillet melt enough butter to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the sandwiches in the butter and grill them until the bread is lightly toasted. Flip to grill the other side. Drain on paper towels.
Which Came First?
Which Came First? The Peanut Butter or the Banana?
These are delicious, in several flavors, but this is my personal favorite.
If You Are Looking for a Gourmet Peanut Butter, These are Amazing!
- From the world-famous restaurant in New York City, featured on The Food Network and Good Morning America
- All-natural and made exclusively with US-grown peanuts
- Great for sandwiches and baking too!
- No added sugar, no cholesterol, no trans fats, no hydrogenated oil, no high fructose corn syrup
- Certified Kosher, Vegan, and is even Gluten-Free
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter and Banana Waffles
Peanut Butter Banana Bread Pudding
- 3 cups day-old bread cubes
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine bread, bananas and chips in greased 9-inch square baking dish; toss to mix.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl until blended. Pour over bread mixture.
- Bake in center of 350°F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or refrigerate until cold.
Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Shake
© 2009 Paula Atwell