- Food and Cooking
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
Cookies are great. Peanut butter is even better. Combined you get delectable. Cookie recipes can be loaded with butter, eggs, and other not so great for you ingredients. These peanut butter cookies offer valuable vitamins such as iron, potassium, and the Bs. They are packed with healthy fats and slow-releasing carbohydrates.
Peanut Butter cookies with a molasses bite or a kick of maple syrup will put smiles on every face in the house. These cookies will be very soft and warm and delicious and everything that you look for in a drop cookie.
For more amazing recipes, check out: http://cookinginmypanties.blogspot.com/
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter cookies remind me of my mother. She makes the best PB cookies. They are warm, chewy, and sugary. One problem, which I do not have when eating them, is that they are not vegan. NO doubt, I splurge on those cookies, but when I am home...I don't have non-vegan ingredients in stock.
Recently, I worked on a peanut butter cookie recipe that would be vegan, be peanut buttery, chewy, and super delicious. Finally, I would like to reveal my masterpiece.
The great thing about this cookie recipe? You can eat it and not worry about raw eggs.
1 1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup milk (whatever sort, I used almond)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup maple syrup or blackstrap molasses
1/2 cup applesauce or a mashed banana
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Mix all of the wet ingredients in a bowl VERY well.
2. Add the dry ingredients.
3. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F
4. Bake on a cookie sheet for 12 minutes.
Five Ingredient Vegan PB Cookies - YUM!!!
Okay, it seems like most vegan recipe take forever! This recipe will prove that myth wrong. Vegan peanut butter cookies are all about simplicity and holding true to the main ingredients!
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup oil, pref safflower or canola
3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla, pure please
1. Mix all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Let sit for five minutes in the fridge.
2. Roll into 2-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes.
Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from Janice Daniels
Oh goodness. Peanut butter cookies drizzled, dipped and decorated in chocolate. Sign me up!
1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
1 cup natural peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of warm water
1 tablespoon almond milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
34 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 ounces chocolate (for melting and dipping cookies)
1. Using an electric mixer or stand mixer or spoon, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugar together until super smooth.
2. Add the cornstarch and water mixture, almond milk and pure vanilla extract and beat together well.
3. Mix in the whole wheat flour, baking soda &powder, and salt until everything is completely combined. No lumps of dry goods please. Roll into about 15-30 balls depending on the size...I do 30. Take a fork and flatten the balls a bit.
4. On a baking sheet, bake at 400 for 12 minutes....they will look gooey, but that is fine. Let cool. Meanwhile melt chocolate.
5. Dip cooled cookies into chocolate. Freezer for about ten minutes to allow them to set.
Have ideas for peanut cookies that are vegan? Want to tell me how you made these cookies? Or maybe you want to say hi. Well, get to it!