- Food and Cooking
Peanut Butter Tart
Why A Peanut Butter Tart Dessert?
I come from a peanut butter family. Those of you that are in the same situation will know exactly what I mean. My family loves peanut butter whether tasting a spoonful, in sandwiches or any recipe with peanut butter.
Easy Does It Recipe
When I am looking for a dessert that is quick and easy to make, this Peanut Butter Tart comes to mind. I like that this is a homemade recipe that takes very little time and I can say I made it myself. Have some fun with this recipe by adding a few variations. Layer sliced bananas in between the crust and the filling or you can top with chocolate chips or chopped peanuts.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. non-dairy whipped topping
- Additional whipped topping or whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Add butter, mixing well.
- Press crumbs into a 13 x 4 tart pan, 9 in. pie plate or 9 in. spring form pan.
- In a mixer bowl combine cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar.
- Mix until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread into crust and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Add dollops of whipped cream and chocolate garnish if desired.