- Food and Cooking
Mini Peppermint Cheesecakes
I love Peppermint Season! You say that you haven't heard of it? Well for me, Peppermint Season runs from December through to the end of February. This is my favorite time to enjoy everything peppermint. These Mini Peppermint Cheesecakes are a delicious treat anytime during Peppermint Season and especially for Christmas and Valentine's Day. Change the color of the mini cupcake papers to reflect your seasonal celebration or event.
I think mini foods are fabulous! When having company, I love serving many appetizers for dinner and mini desserts to finish off the meal. It's fun, casual and for me it's easier than having everything hot and ready on the table at a certain time. Peppermint Cheesecakes are one of my favorite mini desserts and you and your guests will love them.
Serves: 24 mini cheesecakes
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- mini cupcake papers
- 3 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Chocolate frosting or whipped cream
- Crushed peppermint candy canes or candies
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together crumbs and sugar.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Place papers in mini muffin pan.
- Press 2 teaspoons of crust into each paper.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until mixed well.
- Mix in peppermint extract.
- Fill papers 3/4 of the way with cheesecake filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Pipe on your favorite frosting (or whipped cream) and top with crushed candy canes.
A cute holly design for the holidays.
This is a great way to display delicious treats!