How to Use Your Leftover Candy Canes
The Ultimate Holiday Milkshake
The holiday season is over and now it is time to put away the Christmas tree. As you pack away the Christmas ornaments and lights, you are wondering what to do with all those leftover candy canes. There are plenty of wonderful recipes that use peppermint as a main ingredient, but I want share one my favorite recipes that is simply delicious.
Last Christmas, as we sat around the tree, I was wondering what can I do with all the candy canes hanging on the tree once the holiday season came to an end. All of a sudden I quickly thought to myself why not combine a few of my favorite ingredients- chocolate and ice cream. That is when I decided to make the ultimate holiday treat White Chocolate Peppermint Milkshake!
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark
- 5 Candy Canes
- 4 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1-1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 pieces chocolate chip morsels (milk or white chocolate)
- Put the vanilla ice cream (4 scoops), heavy cream (1/2 cup), milk (1/2 cup), candy canes (3), Ghirardelli peppermint bark (1/4 cup), and peppermint extract (1 tsp) in a blender and process until thick and smooth.
- Once it is thick and smooth, pour the mixture into 2 glasses.
- Place the milkshakes into refrigator until the whip cream is complete.
- In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are about to form.
- Once the cream is stiff, then beat in the vanilla and sugar. Continue to beat until peaks form.
- Remove the milkshakes from the refrigator and place a dollop of whip cream on top of each milkshake.
- Add one whole candy cane in each glass.
- Use a cheese grater to shave off remaining white chocolate peppermint bark to place on top of the whip cream. Place a chocolate chip in the center of the whip cream in each glass.
© 2015 Charmain