Things to do with PESTO
15 Things to do with PESTO
Here is a delicious easy to make pesto recipe and a list of things you can do with your pesto, such as scramble it into eggs or mashed potatoes. Basil pesto is also delicious when mixed into salads, brushed on shrimp or spread on bagels and bread.
Basil Pesto Recipe
Easy to make!
4 cups packed basil leaves
1 cup grated Parmesan
3/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Combine the basil leaves, Parmesan, nuts, garlic cloves and salt in a food processor; pulse until mixture is chopped finely.
2. With the motor running, slowly pour the oil into the feed tube.
3. Use on your favorite foods or store for up to a month in the freezer.
Did you know that you can purchase Pesto from Amazon?
15 Things to do with Pesto
1. Mix into salads.
2. Stir into rice.
3. Brush on grilled shrimp.
4. Stir into mashed potatoes.
5. Mix into bread dough or biscuit batter.
6. Scramble into eggs.
7. Add to meat loaf or burger mixtures.
8. Spread on bagels.
9. Mix into bread crumbs to make a crust for chicken or fish.
10. Stir into vegetables.
11. Mix into pastas.
12. Stir into tomato soups.
13. Stir into ricotta mixtures.
14. Top a pizza with it.
15. Freeze to use at a later date.
Join Me On Squidoo!
Join me on Squidoo!
Sign up is easy...and free!
Do you like to write? Blog? Write on Squidoo...and you can generate money while you do! Write about things you know and that are of interest to you. Write about your family, pet, last vacation, garden, last concert attended, your town, a cause or organization. The ideas are endless! You can keep the money you earn on Squidoo or donate to your favorite charity. Squidoo is easier than you think. Its free and fun too!
Fun Cooking Arpons from Zazzle
Click on any apron to purchase from Zazzle.