Have you ever tried Pickled Radishes? They are delicious, fresh and crisp to enjoy by themselves or in many other ways. Try them in salads, veggie trays and as tasty substitute for pickles. Hot dogs and hamburgers will get a new makeover with a few pickled radish slices. If you are looking for something different with a great flavor, give these a go. I especially love the "crunch".
Serves: About 2 cups
- 1 lb. radishes, (any type) trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbls. fresh snipped dill
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Placed sliced radishes in a glass jar or bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour mixture over radishes.
- Let cool.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.