Pineapple Chicken Sandwich Recipe
EASY PINEAPPLE CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE DIRECTIONS
Here is a great tasting Pineapple Chicken Sandwich Recipe that everyone in your home will love, even those that may not be fond of pineapples! This recipe came from my Grandmother's old recipe book, it is one of many that I will be sharing. I remember eating these when I was a kid, they were tasty and something completely different! You can make it exactly as shown or use a twist for modern times! These variations will be shown.
Prepare this Pineapple Chicken Sandwich for a quick lunch dish! Easy to make and tastes great, you will love this recipe for Pineapple Chicken Sandwich. Check out the recipe videos to learn even easier Pineapple Chicken Sandwich recipes to fix!
I hope you enjoy the great taste of this Pineapple Chicken Sandwich Recipe. Come back and leave a comment below!
PINEAPPLE WITH CHICKEN?
I was never crazy about pineapple mixed with a meal. I grew up in a meat and potatoes family and the thought of pineapple for dinner, was not even considered. Dad always wanted his fried chicken. I first tried pineapple on pizza and was not impressed either. I didn't feel that the sweet was an appropriate mix with the cheese and spicy pepperoni. When I first saw someone grilling pineapples, I thought that it would be the same experience but I found out that I really enjoyed it. The little bit of smoke or char on the pineapple gave it an almost caramel taste. The pineapple, placed on the grilled chicken breast was really, really enjoyable and I found a new taste sensation. I went from a pineapple-free mentality to a pineapple and chicken palette. I suggest that you try it, it is a good mix!
A delicious and easy pineapple chicken sandwich recipe!
Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Total Time: 15 TOTAL MINUTES
Serves: SERVES 6-8 - MAKES 4 DOZEN SMALL SANDWICHES
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- can be canned chicken
- already cooked and prepared
- 2 cups English Walnut meats
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 24 buttered slices of bread (white
- wheat or other)
- 1) Combine pineapple, chicken, nut meats and mayonnaise.
- 2) Spread between buttered slices of bread
- 3) Remove crusts (optional) and cut each sandwich diagonally into quarters
- Makes 4 dozen small sandwiches
- Modern substitutions can be grilled chicken breast or grilled teriyaki chicken breast with pineapple rings; rings can be grilled, toasted, fried or just heated on top of chicken breasts - Make these on a grill!
Chicken Sandwich Recipes
Chicken sandwich and other recipes that you can cook in 20 minutes or less.
Today, in a busy household, fast food can be cooked at home, and more nutritiously than other take out.
This book has 60 great, quick recipes for you to make and save your precious time for other important things.