Spectacular Pink Champagne Cake Recipes
Pink Champagne Cake For Any Special Day!
Have you ever wondered how to make a Pink Champagne Cake? We are going to explore some yummy recipes that you can maybe even prepare in time for a special celebration!
Whenever I think of what I really want for Valentine's Day or my birthday or any special occasion for that matter, I always want a Pink Champagne Cake!
There is a little bakery shop a few minutes from where we live that are famous for their Pink Champagne Cakes. McGavin's Bakery has been around since the early 1940s and they are still going strong. They are in the same shop and have the same iconic sign displayed in the heart of the downtown area. People come from miles around to sample some of McGavin's many wonderful baked goods but the Pink Champagne Cake is the favorite.
I thought it would be fun to gather some recipes for Pink Champagne Cake and share them with you here.
I came across a blog post by Gretchen at Culinaria Libris while doing my research for pink champagne cake recipes and she made it sound so yummy that I just had to include the recipe here. She got the recipe from the book . Booze Cakes
You might want to hop over to Gretchen's blog when finished here and check out her other yummy reviews!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 American sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 egg whites
- A few drops of red food coloring (the cake doesn't appear to be colored in the photo, so I would consider this to be optional)
- 2 cups Champagne
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 American sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 cups confectioners' (icing) sugar
- 1/2 cup Champagne
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 Tblsp. vanilla extract
- A few drops of red food coloring
- Click on the link above and check out how to put it all together to make one spectacular Pink Champagne Cake!
Elegant Pink Champagne Cake
Amazing Pink Champagne Cake Recipe For A Special Day
Any Day Is A Special Day!
Image Above Courtesy of Jenilee Provencal
Another recipe I found was listed on the Princeton Properties Blog and was posted by Jenilee Provencal. She shares that she made the following recipe for her birthday and she also includes some notes after the recipe. Hop on over and read all that she has to say!
Pink Champagne Cake
3 cups (360 g/12 oz) cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoon (7.5 g) baking powder
3/4 teaspoon (5 g) baking soda
3/4 teaspoon (6 g) salt
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup/ 170 g/ 6 oz) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups (400 g/13.5 oz) sugar
6 (~180 g/6 oz) egg whites, room temperature
1 teaspoon (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
2 cups (475 mL) champagne, room temperature
Red food coloring (optional)
For instructions and the ingredients for the frosting, visit Jenilee Provencal's awesome recipe post!
Baking Cakes For Romantic Occasions - Weddings, Valentine's, Love, Romance
Super Pink Champagne Cake Recipe - With Marshmallows And Coconut
This Pink Champagne Cake recipe is slightly different. It includes marshmallows and a coconut filling.
The Pink Champagne Cake that I always get from McGavin's Bakery has coconut finely grated and is sprinkled on the frosting. Don't think I have seen a recipe with coconut in the frosting yet so you might keep that in mind when experimenting.
I found this recipe at Taste Of Home and they in turn borrowed it from Home Cooking at About.com.
- 3/4 cups sifted flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup champagne
- 6 egg whites
- 6 large marshmallows, quartered
- Coconut Filling
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 large marshmallows, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon white wine
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Fondant Frosting
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Dash salt
- Few drops almond extract
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring
- Resift flour with baking powder and salt. Cream shortening with 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in flour mixture and champagne alternately, mixing to smooth batter.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar, continuing to beat to stiff meringue. Fold about half of meringue into batter, mixing gently but thoroughly with whisk. Gently fold in remaining meringue.
- Turn into 2 greased and floured 9-inch cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, just until cake tests done. Let stand 10 minutes then turn out onto wire racks to cool.
- When layers are cool, fill with Coconut Filling (below) between layers. Using 2/3 cup Fondant Frosting (below), spread thin layer smoothly over top and sides. This seals any crumbs. Pour about 1/2 cup additional frosting over top of cake and spread quickly to smooth layer. Cover sides of cake with second layer of frosting.
- Dip marshmallow quarters in remaining frosting to coat both sides and set randomly over top and sides of cake.
- Makes 10-12 servings.
- Coconut Filling:
- Combine butter, marshmallows and wine in top of double boiler. Set over simmering water and stir occasionally until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and stir in coconut. Cool until thick enough to spread.
- Fondant Frosting:
- Sift sugar into top of double boiler. Add corn syrup and water. Stir over simmering water until smooth. Blend in vanilla, salt, and almond extract. Stir in food color, if desired. Keep frosting warm while using so it spreads smoothly.
What Do You Think?
click image to be taken to the above print
Do you think you will be making one of these Pink Champagne Cake Recipes?
Outstanding Pink Champagne Cupcakes Recipe - Perfect for Afternoon Tea or an Elegant Birthday Party
image courtesy of Betty Crocker
Who doesn't love cupcakes? Once you have Pink Champagne Cake I'm sure you will love this recipe for Pink Champagne Cupcakes just as much if not more!
Cupcakes make for better portion control if you wish to watch your weight or sugar intake. You can keep out a few cupcakes and freeze the rest so that you aren't tempted to eat too many.
This recipe comes to us via the Betty Crocker site.
Pink Champagne Cupcakes Recipe
Makes 24 cupcakes
1 box Betty CrockerÂ® SuperMoistÂ® white cake mix
1 1/4 cups champagne
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 egg whites
4 to 5 drops red food color
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup champagne
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 to 5 drops red food color
Betty CrockerÂ® pink decorating sugar
Edible pink pearls
Hop over to the Betty Crocker site for the rest of this fantastic and very easy Pink Champagne Cupcakes Recipe!
Champagne Cupcakes Tutorial! - How-To Videos and Recipes
Here are several how-to videos to help you make Pink Champagne Cupcakes or I'm sure you could use the recipes for making a cake instead.
Pink Champagne Cumpcakes
Pink Champagne Cupcakes for special occasions.
How-to make champagne cupcakes
How-To Nerdy Nummies Champagne Cupcakes
How-to Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes
How-To Kiwi Melon Champagne Cupcakes
How-To Strawberry and champagne cupcakes
Pink Cake Love
image courtesy of Ralph Hockens
Pink Champagne Cake Recipes - Links and Tutorials for Recipes
I'll be adding to this list of recipe links as I come across them.
Bookmark and Enjoy!
- Strawberries and Pink Champagne Cake Recipe
This recipe and tutorial looks divine! Has several photos to help walk you through the recipe.
- Pink Champagne Cake with Coconut Filling
Has a coconut filling and fondant frosting. Yummy!
- Pink Champagne Cake Recipe
A very pretty pink champagne cake. Looks simple enough to make as it uses a cake mix for the base of the recipe.
- The Best Pink Champagne Cake You'll Ever Eat Recipe
This Pink Champagne Cake recipe uses homemade whipping cream for the topping and chocolate dipped strawberries!
- Mimosa Cake or Pink Champagne Cake
This recipe sounds very decadent! Along with the cake and frosting recipe, it also includes an Orange Curd filling with a Vanilla Cointreau Syrup to glaze over each layer of cake. Heavenly!
Cake Pan Sets - To Help Your Pink Champagne Cake Look Professional!
Other Dessert Recipe Articles by Me! - ItayasDesigns
Mississippi Mud Cake Recipe
Although I haven't made one in years, I came across my recipe for Mississippi Mud Pie Cake and just had to share it with everyone before the writing fades an...
How To Make Mud Hens
I'm not sure what it is with the word 'mud' being used in so many of my recipes from the southern part of USA. This recipe will show you how to make Mud Hens...
Easy Peasy No Bake Cookies Recipes
My son's favorite cookie and dessert recipe hands down is the no bake cookies that I made while he was growing up. I will share my recipe for this yummy trea...
Delicious Pumpkin Cookie Recipes For The Holidays
I love pretty much any dessert made with pumpkins and my recipe for Pumpkin Cookies has been a holiday tradition at our house for the past several years. I'...
Delicious Chocolate Eclair Dessert Recipe
Do you like chocolate eclairs? This delicious chocolate eclair dessert recipe will definitely remind you of traditional eclairs except you will be making a w...
Whether you are a fan of Pink Champagne Cake or not, I'd love to hear from you!