This delicious and rich dessert is simple to make and very affordable. It is rich, yet light. It combines cool whip, pineapple and cherry pie filling, which makes for a delicious sweet treat that is perfect for holiday gatherings.
The name comes from the pink hue that the cherry pie filling gives to this dessert, and it is a name that my family has always given to this dish. For as long and I can remember, my family has always served this dessert at every Thanksgiving and Christmas and it has now become a yearly tradition to serve this during the holidays.
I hope that this will become a tradition for your next holiday gathering or any other gathering, just as it has become a tradition in my family.
- 1 (8 oz.) tub cool whip, thawed
- 2 (10 oz.) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweet condensed milk
- Drain pineapple chunks and set aside
- In a large bowl, mix together the cool whip and sweet condensed milk with a spoon until well combined.
- Add the cherry pie filling and mix well.
- Pour in the pineapple chunks and stir.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes before serving.