Pirate's Booty - Healthy, Delicious Popcorn Snack
All natural, gluten-, trans fat-, and cholesterol-free, baked rice and corn puffs. Snack time. Pirate’s booty. Yum! I could stop there, but I won’t. If you’re not familiar with Pirate’s Booty snacks, then you’re probably not a mom. If you’re a mom who is not familiar with it then, well, I’m sorry.
I’m the type of mom who strives as much as I can to feed my daughters healthy foods. I’m no fanatic, though, so the occasional drive-through does occur, but we don’t make a habit of it. I always try to give my kids healthy snacks as well as meals and Pirate’s Booty has become a staple in our house. If there’s any sort of popcorn or cheese puff type of snack that I’ll buy regularly for my pantry, it’s Pirate’s Booty.
Is Pirate's Booty Popcorn?
Well, some in some industry circles it is considered hull-less popcorn. It is made from rice and corn meal that is extruded and the end result is a puff or rice and corn. All of the products are whole grain, too, as they contain bran, germ, and endosperm and they aren’t refined. Additionally, all of the products are even kosher.
The fun doesn’t end with the whimsical packaging; what’s inside is also fun to eat.
- Aged White Cheddar – These have real aged white cheddar cheese on puffed rice and corn. I must admit, this one is my personal favorite. It has just the right amount of cheesiness and crunch, but if left in your mouth, the puffs just melt away. That last attribute makes these a great snack for toddlers. My daughter started eating these probably at around ten months old.
- Veggie – You’d never know that these puffed rice and corn snacks also have a medley of vegetables in them like spinach, kale, carrots, and parsley. You can feel good about giving your kids a snack like this. They’ll love it as long as you don’t tell them that it has all those veggies in it!
- Barbeque – These have a smoky, sweet, honey barbeque flavor on the baked rice and corn puffs.
- Salt & Vinegar – Blended with aged balsamic vinegar and coarse sea salt, these baked rice and corn puffs make for some yummy munchin’!
- Sour Cream & Onion – Made from puffed rice and corn, blended with zesty onion and sour cream. These will give you favorite sour cream and onion potato chips a run for their money.
- New York Pizza - Real mozzarella cheese and Italian spices give the delicious pizza flavor to these baked rice and corn puffs.
A bit of background on the company that makes Pirate’s Booty…
The founder’s name is Robert. He is a father who searched high and low for a tasty snack for his kids, and all kids and adults alike. He wanted to create something that would inspire people to live healthier lives and have fun at the same time. He discovered Pirate’s Booty in 1987. No more having to eat cheese puffs that are full of artificial ingredients and lots of unhealthy stuff – Pirate’s Booty is nothing but wholesome, all natural, baked goodness!
Other products include Potato Flyers (baked potato chips in four flavors), Smart Puffs (oven baked milled corn and tasty Wisconsin Cheddar), and Original Tings (crunchy corn sticks from milled corn).
Click a link on the right, or below, and stock up today (just in time for back to school)!