Easy Recipe for Pizza Dough
Making Homemade Pizza is Easy and Fun!
You may find it surprising to learn that there is nothing difficult about making your own pizza dough. Provided you make sure that you have the right ingredients, the right type of pan in which to make your pizza and are prepared to invest a little time in applying the correct pizza dough making techniques, you too can very soon be making and enjoying your own pizzas at home. You will find this a considerably less expensive way of enjoying pizza and you will also have the added benefit of choosing whichever pizza toppings you most enjoy.
Making Pizza Dough Requires a Proper Pizza Pan
Do not underestimate the importance of this factor
There is no disputing that it is possible to make a very presentable pizza without using a proper pizza pan. If, however, you are striving for pizza perfection and want your pizza to look as well as taste awesome, a pizza pan is an essential tool and part of the pizza making process. Pizza pans come in a number of different types and price ranges, so there is almost certainly one designed to suit your budget and intended pizza cooking and serving method. Take a look at some of the options featured below and click on any image or link for further details and/or to place your order.
Pizza Pans on Amazon - Pick up a Bargain Today!
Homemade Pizza Dough and Base
- 6 oz plain/all purpose flour (plus extra for kneading and shaping pizza)
- 1 tsp active dried yeast
- 4 fl oz tepid water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add the flour, yeast and salt to a large mixing bowl. Stir well with a wooden spoon and create a small well in the centre. Pour in the oil and the water. Draw the flour in from the sides of the bowl with the spoon to start forming a dough. As the pizza dough starts to form, substitute your hands for the spoon and mix well to combine.
- Flour a clean, dry working surface and your hands. Knead the dough as shown in the excellent video below until the yeast is fully activated and the dough is elastic. Place it in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave in a warm place to rise for approximately one hour to one and a quarter hours.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and put back on the floured surface. Quickly knock the air out of it. Roll to an approximate circle with a floured rolling pin and transfer to the pizza pan. Use your fingers to smooth it out from the centre to completely and evenly fill the pan.
LIke this Recipe? Show How Much Below!
How to Knead Pizza Dough
How to Make Wholewheat Pizza Dough
The procedures for making wholewheat pizza dough are exactly the same as above. The only differences are the substitution of wholewheat flour for the plain and the fact that a little less salt is likely to be required.
- 6 oz wholewheat flour
- 4 oz tepid water
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp active dried yeast
Thank you for your time spent visiting this page. I hope it has inspired you to now go and make your own pizza. Any comments or feedback which you have may be left in the space below.