- Food and Cooking
Polvorones or Mantecaditos Puerto Rico Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Polvorones ~ Mantecaditos Recipe a Puerto Rico Shortbread Cookies
Christmas time screams cookies, and at my house the one sugar cookie that we love is our Puerto Rico authentic Polvorones or Mantecaditos recipe. Polvorones or mantecaditos are a unique Puerto Rico shortbread cookie recipe with a twist. We use our thumbs to make an indent on the cookie ball before we bake them and we add sprinkles on the indent. This easy to make recipe will be your family's favorite after you try them.
I also add other ideas on how to make your mantecaditos or polvorones using chocolate pieces, fruit jelly or fruit pieces. Sometimes is even better to eat them without anything at all. they are that good!!
Photo Credit: gmr9938
I remember my mother baking these delicious shortbread cookies call polvorones for after school snacks. I remember the smell coming out of the oven and how soft and amazing they taste. They are not only delicious, they are very easy to make and they go very fast! My husband and kids can never have enough of them.
I usually bake polvorones during the Christmas time but they are good enough to eat all year around.
Photo Credit: Clarissa- Puerto Rico
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- non-pareil sprinkles
- ~ Pre-heat oven to 350 F. In a deep bowl, cream together the butter and Crisco.
- ~ Add the sugar slowly to the mix and mix well. Now add the almond extract and mix well. Now add the flour little by little until the mix is hard to stir.
- ~ Take the dough, form small balls until all is used. Place the small balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and press the center to make a very small well.
- ~ Place some (grageas)non-pareil sprinkles in the center of the cookie well. Place the cookies in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- DO NOT over cook.
- Let them cool before eating them.
Delicious Polvorones Ready To Give Away As Holiday Gifts - Try These amazing Polvorones Shortbread Cookies
What do you think about Polvorones?
Do you love Polvorones as much as I do?
Photo Credit: madelen
- POLVORONES DE PUERTO RICO
Authentic Puerto Rico polvorones recipe.
- Polvorones Recipe
The most delicious recipe for Puerto Rico Polvorones shortbread cookies.
- PolvorÃ³n - Wikipedia
Polvorones are popular in all Spain and ex-Spanish colonies in Latin America, as well as the Philippines, during the Christmas period.
- Receta de Polvorones a la boricua
Receta de Polvorones a la boricua. Receta, recetas, Postres
- Polvorones- Ball Almond Cookies From Puerto Rico
More polvorones recipes!
- Polvorones Puerto Rico-style
Shortbread Cookies Recipe Books - Bake delicious shortbread cookies like Polvorones
Watch Tutorial Videos on How To Make Polvorones or Mantecaditos - Latin Shortbread Cookie
Photo Credit: Foodie Lady
The unique shape of the polvorones is what makes them special. After you make your dough and roll it into little balls, you place them on your cookie sheet and with your thumb you make a small indent, where you will place sprinkles.
If you do not want to add sprinkles, you can just add whatever you like. Some people add chocolate pieces, fruits etc. make it your own. Another way you can make them is by not making the indent and bake as it is, when it's done you can sprinkle powder sugar on top to decorate.
Photo Credit: Foodie Lady
Mantecaditos - Polvorones from Puerto Rico - Authentic Recipes
- Mantecaditos con Guayaba ( Shortbread Almond Cookies with Guava)
The holiday season is around the corner and it is time for a holiday cookie.Â I adore these cookies.Â My mother use to make them all the time for my sister and I.Â
This is a recipe that everyone in Puerto Rico should have. Mantecaditos are a constant at birthday parties and served as a snack or to accompany coffee or tea.
- Puerto Rico: Mantecaditos
Sweets are very much a part of the Puerto Rican cuisine, with custards, puddings and flans as some of the favorites. Mantecaditos are favorite cookies, particularly at the Holidays.
- Puerto Rico Butter Cookie (Mantecaditos)
Looking for Puerto Rico Butter Cookie (Mantecaditos) Cookies Recipe? YES! Alan's Kitchen has a large collection of Favorite Cookie Recipes that your whole family will love.
- SazÃ³n Boricua: Mantecaditos
Los mantecaditos o polvorones posiblemente el dulce mÃ¡s humilde y accesible de la Navidad, por lo que nunca falta en ninguna mesa en esas fechas, sea cual sea su condiciÃ³n social.