Hot Potato Wedges Recipe
Potatoes are naturally fat free, high in potassium & vitamin C, a good source of fiber, and are low in sodium & cholesterol.
I like to slice up a combination of different types of potatoes to make these potato wedges. Hot potato wedges are an excellent vegetarian side dish to serve up with your favorite burger or alone with a variety of dipping selections*.
- 6 medium potatoes (red, yukon gold, russet)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cracked peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe's 21 Seasonings Salute
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Wash potatoes thoroughly, preferably using vegetable scrubber to remove any dirt.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and then divide into thin strips.
- Place all sliced potatoes in large plastic shopping bag or leftover food bag (i.e. bread loaf bags).
- Add olive oil & all seasonings.
- Twist bag shut and shake to mix up oil & seasonings.
- Spread potato wedges in a single layer on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking oil
- Put in oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Flip sliced potatoes & continue cooking for an additional 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve alongside a burger or with a variety of dips.