No-Bake Power Bites
Looking for an easy and nutritious snack?
These Power Bites pack one heck of a punch! They are filled with protein and nutrient-rich "real food" ingredients that will give you the energy boost you are looking for.
Whether you are an on-the-go businessman who needs a quick 3 o'clock pick-me-up or a super busy stay-at-home mom who wants a fast and nutritious snack that the kiddos are sure to enjoy, you can whip up a batch of these No-Bake Power Bites to make your snack time healthier than most people's regular meals!
Here is the basic Power Bites recipe. You can just make and enjoy this starter recipe or add some of the fixings listed below to jazz it up and make it even more nutrient rich!
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup ground flax seed
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Roll by hand into one inch balls. Line on cookie sheet or glass dish and refrigerate until firm.
Add these to jazz up your recipe!
While the basic recipe is all ready full of power-packing ingredients, this list of Add-Ins is sure to make your Power Bites healthier and far more delicious! Try adding just one, or get brave and go crazy with four or five!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup M&Ms, chocolate chips or candy of your choice
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage or carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruit
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- Up to 4 Tablespoons of concentrated vegetable broth (depending on level of concentration)
- Up to 2 Tablespoons of concentrated bone broth (depending on level of concentration)
- Anything else you can think of!
Since the Basic Recipe is so full or flavor, you can experiment to see how many healthy options you can sneak into the bites. The sky is the limit!
Looking for more recipes?
Check out my Recipe Pinterest Board!