Prawn Stacked Salad Recipe
An Easy Modern Prawn Cocktail Recipe
Having friends over for dinner and want to impress without too much hard work? Well I have the salad for you. This is one of the easiest dinner party recipes I make. Every time I serve this there are oohs and ahhs a plenty and the best thing is it is quick to prepare and pretty inexpensive too.
Now that I have started using presentation rings I have found lots of great stacked recipes. I have listed s few of my favorites below too. I would love to hear if you try this salad so leave me a note and let me know.
- Lettuce or salad leaves
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced avocados
- Sliced spring onions
- 5 prawns per person - I use tiger prawns
- Diced cucumber
- Chop the lettuce into strips - if you are using leaves just tear any larger ones.
- De-seed the tomato and dice the flesh into small cubes
- Dice the avocado
- Chop spring onions
- Shell and de-vein prawns.
- Place the lettuce into the presentation rings. Top with a layer of tomato, a layer of avocado, a layer of cucumber and top with the prawns. Between each layer press gently with the "presser" :-)
- Note: if you do not have a presentation ring you can use an empty tin can or some clean PVC piping.
Prawn Stacked Salad
Before I removed the ring.
Stainless Steel Presentation Rings
Kuchenprofi Preparation rings are great for forming your salads or plating the perfect looking entrée or side.
Prawn Stacked Salad - Ready to serve
How to use presentation rings
Great books to help improve your food presentation skills
Thai Prawn Noodle Stack that we ate at Spice I Am restaurant in Sydney
More Stacked Salad Recipes
5 More Great Stacked Salad Ideas - recipes using food rings
- Stacked Caprese Salad - Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil
- Shrimp Stack Salad Shrimp with Gazpacho Salsa and Avocado Salsa
- Stacked Cobb Salad Bacon, eggs, avocado and more
- Vegetable-Pilaf Stacks- A great rice based option that can be easily adapted.
- Israeli couscous and lentil salad with roasted red peppers - this one is so pretty.
Prawn Cocktail Glasses - Use regular glasses or dessert glasses
If you don't have presentation rings yet you can serve your salad in a cocktail glass
With these presentation rings anyone can plate up food worthy of an appearance on Top Chef.