Tembleque De Coco Recipe From Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico Authentic Tembleque de Coco Recipe
One Puerto Rican favorite dessert is the "Tembleque de Coco" or Coconut Custard. Tembleque is a very easy and delicious dessert, made with coconut milk, cornstarch, sugar and cinnamon. It may sound to simple but trust me this tembleque recipe is amazing. If you love coconut or any coconut desserts, then you will love tembleque, Puerto Rico traditional dessert.
My good friend from childhood is a famous Chef in Puerto Rico and she gave me permission to share with you her delicious and traditional recipe for "Tembleque de Coco", coconut custard. She is a genius and her authentic Puertorican recipes are the best. Please remember to visit her page to find more Puerto Rican recipes. Her name is Milani Nieves aka Chef Milani
Delicious Puerto Rican Coconut Dessert: Tembleque
- 15 oz. coconut milk
- 10 oz. Cream of Coconut
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- Â½ tsp. salt
- ground cinnamon
- 1. Mix the water with the cornstarch. Make sure there is no bumps in the mix.
- 2. In a saucepan heat up the coconut milk, cream of coconut and the water with cornstarch, adding the sugar and salt. Keep mixing constantly.
- 3. Put the temperature on high until it start bubbling, this means it's time to remove from the heat .
- 4. In a 9 x 9 mold, sprinkle the bottom with water before pouring the mixture.
- 5. Let it rest for 20 minutes before putting it on the refrigerator for 20 more minutes before serving.
- 6. Carefully separate the tembleque from the mold using a knife. Turn it over unto a dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Tembleque Uses Cornstarch and Coconut Milk on The Recipe
For More Puerto Rican Dishes Visit Chef Milani's Official Page and Find Her Latest Cook Book
Tembleque Is Holiday Dish In Puerto Rico
During Christmas time in Puerto Rico, tembleque is the #1 thing people make as dessert. Everyone in my family knows how to make Tembleque and I don't think I know anyone that doesn't like Tembleque.
In my family we always make Tembleque de Coco for Christmas and sometimes during any time of the year. This dish goes by very fast at parties or get together.
Need To Make Tembleque Fast? Try Using GOYA Tembleque Mix - Easy Tembleque by GOYA
Photo Credit: Oquendo
Coconut Tembleque Recipe Video from Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico Coconut Tembleque
Have You Ever Had Tembleque Before?
Tembleque/ Coconut Custard Recipes From Puerto Rico - Click On The Links To See More Recipes For Tembleque or Coconut Custard
- Tembleque Puerto Rican Style Coconut Pudding
Tembleque recipe from Puerto Rico
- El Boricua, a bilingual , cultural publication for Puerto Ricans
More Tembleque recipe.
- Tembleque Recipe
Find the recipe for PUERTORICAN COCONUT CUSTARD:
- Tembleque Recipe - Coconut Pudding Recipe - Tembleque de Coco
This recipe for tembleque de coco makes a rich and smooth coconut pudding perfect for birthday parties or any special occasion. This is a traditional Puertorican tembleque recipe.
- Tembleque Recipe (Puerto Rican coconut pudding) | Puerto Rico | What's4Eats
Tembleque Puerto Rico (Puerto rican coconut pudding)
- Tembleque (Puerto-Rican Style Coconut Custard) | 5 Minutes for Special Needs
It took a lot of coaxing for me to get my mother-in-law to teach me how to make her coconut custard. I love it because not only does is use one of my favorite
- Puerto Rican Tembleque Recipes - Ifood.tv
Enjoy special collection of trusted puerto rican tembleque recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people trying puerto rican tembleque recipes.
Leche De Coco/Coconut Milk For The Tembleque Recipe - I alsways Use GOYA Coconut Milk for My Tembleques
How Do You Eat Tembleque?
I love Tembleque Hot Out Of The Saucepan
When I was a little girl my grandmother used to make Tembleque de Coco and she would save a hot plate for me because she know I love to eat it while it was hot. I sprinkle cinnamon on top and yumm!
Tembleque is supposed do be eaten cold, but I love it while it's hot. I don't mind eating it cold too.
Tembleque De Coco From Puerto Rico Is Delicious, You Should All Try Some