- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches!
My favorite meal of all time involves, pulled bbq chicken, cole slaw, mac and cheese, and watermelon! As the Summer is starting to show us some beautiful weather, I am more and more inclined to enjoy some bbq! For a period of time I would just buy the pulled chicken all ready made from the grocery store, due to the fact it was convenient and delicious.
I decided that making it at home would be less expensive, and I would have more of it to store for another day. Much to my surprise the recipe that I came up with was super easy, and just as delicious as the store bought version that I enjoyed so much.
This recipe is great for parties, and potlucks as it's inexpensive and easy to prepare! Give it a try!
- 6 Large Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cups Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Tbsp Pepper
- 6 Buns
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 1 Tbs Garlic Salt
- Cheese *Optional*
- In a large stock pot place your chicken, garlic, pepper,onion, and 1 cup of bbq sauce.
- Fill with water so it is about 1/2 an inch above your chicken.
- Bring to a boil until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and allow broth to continue boiling.
- Remove skin and with 2 forks shred chicken.
- Mix the rest of the bbq sauce into chicken.
- Boil the broth down until thick, and add in the chicken.
- Turn stove top off and allow chicken to sit.
- Butter your buns and add garlic salt.
- Toast in a toaster oven or oven until lightly toasted.
- Place your pulled chicken onto your buns and add cheese if you like!