Pumpkin Cheese Pie A Tradition and a Delicious Dessert
Pumpkin Cheese Pie
If you are looking for a new twist on holiday pumpkin pie this is the recipe for you. I love to bake and experiment with new recipes and sometime necessity is the mother of invention. I started to make a simple pumpkin cheese cake with a graham cracker crust and suddenly realized that the grand children had eaten all of the graham crackers. Since I had already opened the can of pumpkin I needed to come up with a new idea. I search the fridge and discovered I still had a left-over prepared pie crust.
So I got to work I place the crust into a pie pan and began mixing the cheese batter for my pie. I decided to take out a small portion about a cup and place it into the pie crust. Next I added all of the usual ingredients for a pumpkin cheesecake. After it was mixed I poured it on top of the cheese mixture I had already place over the crust. Next I baked it and needless to say the rest is history.
My guest loved the pie and said that they preferred it to the ordinary graham cracker crust on I usually make. I have already had several request for this years celebration to make more than one. With the number of guest we are having this year I planned to make a least 3 or 4. With 7 grandchildren and 3 of them teenage boys they may even save a piece for me.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) prepared pie crust
- whipped cream
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Stir in both eggs one at a time. Save 1 cup of batter and spread on the top of the prepared crust set aside.
- Take the remaining batter and add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg stir gently until blended. Spread over the cheese batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven 325 degrees F (165 degrees C)for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is not quite set. Remove from the oven and cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
A non-porous glaze give you a great way to form the crust into the textured edge of the pan. Easy to clean and serve straight from the pan.
High gloss ceramic and metal for easy cutting and serving.
Turkey and pumpkin themed large round dinner plates. Measures 9" round. Get a couple of packs and save on dishwashing.