Step-by-Step: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!
The Ultimate Chocolate Recipe for the Fall Season !
- I start anticipating one of my favorite annual occurrences... The appearance of the
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Whole Foods
- ! The first time someone recommended these I'm sure I grimaced a bit, but after I tried one - I was hooked! The buttery pumpkin and rich
- pumpkin pie spices
- combine with chocolate in the
- perfect cookie
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Try Your Hand at Making These Spicy, Gooey Cookies
Photo and alternate recipe found at Cookie Madness
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
grated zest of 1 orange, optional
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
*(I omitted the walnuts for this batch - just chocolate for me!)
- Before you touch the ingredients, pre-heat your oven to 375
- 1. Blend the sugar & butter in a large bowl
- 2. Add eggs & blend
- 3. Add pumpkin puree & vanilla then blend again
4. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and whisk together
5. Slowly blend the dry mixture in with the pumpkin mixture
6. Add as many chocolate chips as you like - I'm all for lotsa chocolate!
7. Get those arm muscles working and mix the chocolate chips in!
8. Using my handy, dandy cookie scoop I placed about a dozen on the cookie sheet
9. Place cookies in the oven and baked for about 18 minutes or until the bottom starts to brown
10. Voila! Fresh cookies!
Fall Food Poll - Pumpkin Bread, Chili, Hot Chocolate - What Your Favorite?
What is Your Favorite Seasonal Fall Treat?
Handy, Dandy Cookie Scoop!
This is my favorite baking tool and has saved me so much time in the kitchen. The scoop works like an ice cream scoop, but creates uniformm 1 TBSP cookie dough balls. It keeps my fingers clean and cookies neat! (Although those neat, round little cookie dough balls are very tempting.....) Great wehn getting a pan of individual cookies ready to freeze!
Would You Try Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies??
What is your opinion on the Pumpkin Chocolate Combination?
Freezing Cookie Dough!
Easy Way to Save Cookies for Later and Save Your Waistline!
- Have you ever had an urge to bake cookies, but didn't want to have 4 dozen tempting you in the cookie jar? I just discovered the solution to this problem - Freezing Your Cookie Dough!
- How To Freeze Cookie Dough:
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Use your Handy Dandy Cookie Scoop to place as many cookie balls as you can on the sheet.
- Place the sheet full of cookies in the freezer for about 2 hours until frozen solid
- Place the cookie balls into a Ziploc freezer bag and place back in the freezer
- To bake, just place the desired number of cookies on your sheet and bake for a few minutes longer than the recipe calls for
- Use frozen dough within 3-4 weeks
- This is a picture of the frozen Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies, Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies, and the few remains of regular Chocolate Chip cookies.
Watch Trystan Make These Cookies
Make Your Halloween Baking Easier! - Get Your Kitchen Aid Mixer in a Variety of Snappy Colors!
- "KitchenAid's Artisan stand mixer is a substantial piece of equipment: 325 watts of mixing power make child's play of creaming butter, kneading dough, and whipping cream. The kid in you will appreciate how quick and easy it is to mix up a batch of cookie dough. This model comes with three attachments: a flat beater for making batter, meat loaf, and all textures in-between; a wire whip for egg whites, mayonnaise, and more air-infused creations; and a hook for mixing and kneading yeast doughs. All three are solidly constructed and easily secured to the beater shaft with a simple twist."