Pumpkin-Egg Nog Smoothies
I have been making pumpkin smoothies for a few Falls now and I think I've found a few good combinations for a yummy smoothie that anyone would like.
I love anything with pumpkin and I've seen other places advertise pumpkin smoothies and the like, so I thought I would try one myself. My first ones were done with milk, but here I will post the vegan version. To make a regular milk version, substitute soy or almond milk with regular cow's milk. You can use real dairy eggnog in place of Soy Nog.
I suggest using a blender that has ice crushing blades or can handle crushing ice cubes.
The photo for this page was of a dairy pumpkin smoothie that I did a few years back. Yep, been making them for a while now.
If you use vegan products and no sugar, this smoothie runs about 235-255 calories depending on if you use almond milk or not. If you don't use the soy nog, it is around 110 to 150 without added sugar. It makes a large smoothie of at least two or more cups.
- 5 regular ice cubes
- 1/2 cup Silk Soy Nog (or other kind of soy nog-like beverage)
- 1/2 cup almond milk, coconut milk, or regular soy milk
- 1 small or medium banana
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg (
- 2 or 3 teaspoons granulated sugar (optional)
- Place ice cubes at bottom of the blender.
- Add nog, almond milk, banana pumpkin, sugar and spices.
- Crush ice using pulse button, if equipped on your blender.
- Blend for about five minutes or until smooth. I've found the longer you blend, the fluffier the drink is. Drinks made with almond or coconut milk may have a thinner texture than those blended with regular milk or regular fat soy milk.
How did you like my pumpkin smoothie?
I use an Oster blender and I've found it to be the best blender I've owned in a long time. One thing I like about this blender is that it's easy to find replacement parts.
I love using this cup! It makes the perfect smoothies for one. I've used mine so much that it's time for a new one. It comes with its own blades and rubber seals.