- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Pies & Tarts
The Best-Ever EASY Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Looking For A Simple, Fast and Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe?
If you are looking for a simple and easy pumpkin pie recipe, you have found it. This is actually a cheater recipe of sorts because it starts with a frozen pie shell. However, sometimes cheating is okay and we think that this is one time where taking a short cut is okay.
If you are pastry challenged like we are, or if you just want to put together a quick pumpkin pie, this is the recipe for you. Despite being a simple, fast and easy recipe, it is still delicious.With a minimum of fuss and effort you will a have a 'homemade' pumpkin pie in no time at all PLUS you will LOVE the aroma of a homemade pie baking in YOUR oven, even if you are baking challenged.
This easy pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for your fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas menu plans or, of course, for any time at all! If you try it out, please be sure to come back and let us all know how it worked for you!
Pumpkin Pie is Comfort Food
The Best-Ever Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Recipe originally from Chatelaine magazine.
This recipe takes only ten minutes to throw together and about an hour to bake. It is a mild pumpkin pie as it does not contain cloves or nutmeg. If you want a spicier pumpkin pie, feel free to spice things up a bit by adding 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon of cloves.
Serves eight people.
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of ground ginger
1/8 tsp of salt
3/4 cup of milk
14 ounce or 398 mL can pumpkin pure which is not pie filling
9-inch frozen pie shell that has been thawed
- Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit or 220 degrees celsius.
- Using a medium-sized bowl, stir the brown sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt together with a fork.
- Use a whisk to blend in the eggs and milk.
- Add in 1-3/4 cups of pumpkin puree.
- Add the mix to a nine-inch purchased deep dish pie shell that has not been baked.
- The filling should be even with the rim and you may have some leftover, particularly if you are using a shallow pie shell.
- Bake on the bottom rack of your oven for ten minutes and then lower the heat to 350 degrees fahrenheit or 180 degrees celsius.
- Bake until set or approximately 50 minutes longer.
- If you want to eat the pie warm, make sure to let it sit for at least ten minutes before you cut it.
More Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Pie Apron
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe By Pillsbury
When a pumpkin pie is this easy to make, you don't have to save it for the holidays!
- Easy Pumpkin Pie from Recipezaar
We love this pie! I am not much of a baker but this is so simple and so good. DH has tried other people's pumpkin pies and store bought pies at Thanksgiving and says they just don't compare to mine. I always make 2. One for the family and one just fo
- Easy Pumpkin Pie By Libby's
Want to make a pumpkin pie but do not have spices on hand? Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix to the rescue! All you need to bake this treat is a 5 fl.-oz. can of Carnation Evaporated Milk, 2 large eggs and a 9-inch deep-dish pie shell.
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe by Paula Deen and the Food Network
Paula Deen's pumpkin pie recipe calls for cream cheese.
- Immpossibly Easy Pumpkin Pie by Betty Crocker
Volunteer to bring the pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving. This recipe is a snap--no crust to make!
- Eggnog Pumpkin Pie By Good Housekeeping
Here's aun unusual twist for pumpkin pie from Good Housekeeping. It contains eggnog!
A Glass Pie Pan Is My Favorite
I have never tried slipping a purchased pie crust into a pan, but I should
For some reason, we prefer an attractive glass pie pan for our pies, particularly when we are making them from scratch. I expect that it must be because our grandmother and mother both used glass pans for their pies. Whatever the reason, a glass pan simply says 'homemade' to us.
Pumpkin, a Super Food for All 12 Months of the Year
One of the best pumpkin cookbooks available
Pumpkin is super ~~ super delicious and super nutritious. If you do not already, you should consider using it year round. Pumpkin, a Super Food for All 12 Months of the Year by DeeDee Stovel contains 125 recipes for pumpkin including beverages, starters, snacks, soups, salads, main courses, pies, cookies, breads and cakes. It includes instructions for fresh pumpkin and for canned pumpkin. This cookbook also contains menus, decorating and entertaining ideas for fall occasions and Halloween entertaining and lots of pumpkin facts and history.
AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEW:
"I LOVE pumpkin but have had a hard time finding recipes that extend far beyond your typical Thanksgiving pumpkin pie. Until I found this book, that is." ~~ Anonymous
More Pumpkin Reading
- Pumpkin Juice Recipes
Looking for a recipe for Harry Potter's pumpkin juice? Come on in!
- My Best-Ever Recipes Collection
Collected over the last twenty years, my best-ever recipes are from various sources and include recipes for special occasions and for everyday meals. You'll find some extraordinary baking ideas, like carrot cake and banana bread, and some holiday...
- How To Make A Pumpkin Spice Latte
Ever wanted to make a pumpkin spice latte at home?
- How To Make A Homemade Pumpkin Spice Mix
You can buy Pumpkin Spice but you can also easily make it out of a combination of just four spices that you likely already have in your kitchen cupboard.On this page, find a simple and easy printable recipe for pumpkin spice as well as a few recipes.
- The Best Halloween Pumpkin Gifts For Children
A page devoted to the much celebrated pumpkin and related gifts for your children.
- Extreme Pumpkin Carving Halloween Books Review
Have you seen the Extereme Pumpkins created by author and artist Tom Nardone? If not, you are in for a treat when you check out his amazing Halloween books.
- Hallmark's Growing The BIG One Giant Pumpkin Movie
Trick or Treat? Halloween and Hallmark movie lovers had a new movie to look forward to in 2010 and this one was a fall or Halloween movie, which features small town life and giant pumpkins.Shannen Doherty, who I remember from Beverly Hills 90210,...
© 2010 Treasures By Brenda