Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe
Delicious Homemade Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe
Delicious homemade Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe, perfect for this Fall season. This year try this amazing and creamy pumpkin pie ice cream made from scratch. Very easy to follow recipe and cool tools and accessories to make the best ice cream at home. Check out the very unique Ice Cream Recipe Books with tons of creative ice cream ideas and recipes.
Yummy Thanksgiving dessert: Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Cone
First you need to make your own pumpkin puree. For this you will use 1 large or 2 medium Sugar Pie or other eating (not field) pumpkins. Cut out the stem and quarter the pumpkin lengthwise. In a preheated 400Â°F oven, bake the quarters, cut side down, in a shallow roasting pan with a little water in the bottom until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool, scrape out the seeds, cut the flesh from the peels, and force it through a medium-mesh sieve or the medium disk of a food mill. Freeze any leftover puree for up to 2 months.
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree or canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 Tbs. bourbon
- 1. In a bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 8 hours.
- 2. In a heavy 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 1/2 cups of the cream and 1/2 cup of the brown sugar. Cook until bubbles form around the edges of the pan, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the egg yolks, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, the remaining 1/2 cup cream and the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar. Whisk until smooth and the sugar begins to dissolve.
- 4. Remove the cream mixture from the heat. Gradually whisk about 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture until smooth. Pour the egg mixture back into the pan.
- 5. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon and keeping the custard at a low simmer, until it is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon and leaves a clear trail when a finger is drawn through it, 4 to 6 minutes. Do not allow the custard to boil. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl.
- 6. Place the bowl in a larger bowl partially filled with ice water, stirring occasionally until cool. Whisk the pumpkin mixture into the custard. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly on the surface of the custard to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 7. Transfer the custard to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Add the bourbon during the last minute of churning. Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours or up to 3 days, before serving.
The Best Ice Cream Recipe Books - Make your own Ice Cream At Home
Ice Cream Tub
Half Pint Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker, Blueberry - Cute Ice Cream maker
More Homemade Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipes
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe For Kids
A luscious concoction of pumpkin and ice cream turned into a pie.
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe | Dianasaur Dishes
I am a big fan of pumpkin pie, it's on of the few food items I think is great for any meal. I especially love making it with fresh pumpkin puree because there's just something so right about knowing I really made it all from scratch.
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
This pumpkin pie ice cream is a delicious fall treat whether served at Halloween or Thanksgiving. For more information on pumpkin mania, check out this funny article from Esquire called Some Pumpkin Flavoring Best Avoided this Halloween.
- Decadent Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
Pure Indulgence. I wasn’t even sure if I would like pumpkin pie ice cream. I liked pumpkin pie, and I liked ice cream, but would the two mix? But it was such an intriguing idea (the idea given to me
- Recipe: Pumpkin pie ice cream with pecan praline - latimes.com
Pumpkin pie ice cream with pecan praline
- Dairy Free Vegan Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe | daily digest
Janel of Eating Well with Janel shares a decadent treat recipe for Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream that is dairy free and vegan.