- Food and Cooking
Thanksgiving Dessert: Pumpkin Roll Recipe
Pumpkin Roll - Step By Step Instructions
Every year I look forward for the Autumn. The leaves change colors and create an abstract all around. The air is cooling off from those long summer days. It is time to harvest the crops and start canning and preparing for winter. And the flavor of the season is Pumpkin. Every year I make Pumpkin Rolls for the family and this year will be no different.
[*Picture taken by Ravyn/Krystal Dark*]
What You Will Need. - The Ingredients
For a great Pumpkin Roll you will need the following:
For the cake
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
For cream filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- [*Picture taken by
- Ravyn/Krystal Dark
The Wet Mix and The Dry Mix - And the combination
You will first need a small bowl for the dry mix and a medium/large bowl for the egg and combo mix.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in the small bowl.
- Beat the eggs and granulated sugar in the medium/large bowl until it has thickened.
- Beat the pumpkin into the egg mixture until compleatly blended.
- Stir in flour mixture.
This turns out better if you mix the egg and dry seperate and then add them together after the eggs have been beatened.
[*Pictures Taken by Ravyn/Krystal Dark*]
The Pre-Roll and the Cream Cheese Filling
For this part you will need a 10x15 jelly roll pan/cookie sheet, a rubber spatula,parchment paper, a hand mixer and a clean mixing bowl.
- Grease the jelly roll pan (I use spray on PAM). Line the pan with parchment paper, then grease(PAM) and flour the paper.
- Spread the pumpkin cake mixture evenly in the pan. Add walnuts at this point if you would like. (I decided not to)
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees(Farenheit) for 13 to 15 minutes or until the cake is springy.
The Finished Product - The final steps
For the finish you will need an angled or rubber spatula and plastic wrap.
- Carefully unroll the cake.
- Spread the cream filling thoroughly
The Perfect Equipment
How did your's turn out? Tell me about it! I would love to know.