Sweet Pumpkin Scones-A Holiday Treat
Try A Super Easy Scone Pan
This heavy cast aluminum pan distributes heat evenly for perfect scones, cornbread and biscuits. Can be used on stovetop or in oven. Easy clean and non-stick.
How to Make Pumpkin Scones
Looking for a delicious breakfast, or the perfect sized snack recipe? Pumpkin Scones are a tasty and easy choice. I love scones and they are so easy to make. They are crispy on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside with a buttery pumpkin flavor. I like scones at any time of the day and I love how tasty they are with a hot bowl of soup.
This recipe is easy to follow and quite simple to make. With just a few ingredients, you will be enjoying fresh, homemade scones right out of the oven. If you're baking Pumpkin Scones for your family or to share with friends, rest assured they will be a big hit that everyone will love.
I like how moist these scones are inside and the nice crunch on the outside. And I will never make a scone without a bit of glaze (featured below), it just has to be.
Sometimes I like to add a touch of sparkling sugar to my scones!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 stick cold butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup light cream
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Cut in butter with two knives or a pastry cutter until the consistency of fine crumbs.
- Add pumpkin and light cream, mixing well and form dough into a ball.
- Turn out dough onto a floured board and pat dough into an 8-9 inch circle.
- Cut dough into 8 pie slices and transfer dough to a greased baking sheet or scone pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Let cool and drizzle with glaze if desired.
Premium non-stick pan makes 16 perfect mini scones. This easy to clean pan can be used in oven or on stovetop.
Pumpkin Scones are very delicious as is, but this glaze makes them even better!
- 1 tbls butter
- 2 tbls milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Glaze for Pumpkin Scones
- In a small saucepan melt butter, then add milk.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon and stir for 1 minute or until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over cooled scones and let set before serving.
Share Your Opinion
When do you enjoy a pumpkin scone?
Try More Scone Recipes with These Fabulous Cookbooks
Yummy recipes for scones and spreads to share with family and friends.