- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Hearty Pumpkin Stew
Hearty Pumpkin Stew
This recipe for Pumpkin Stew has all the traditional Halloween colors:
Has Orange from the pumpkin pulp and carrots
And Black (beans) for bats and cats and witches.
And White (potatoes) for ghosts and skeletons
And Red (beans and meat) for blood and icky eyeballs
There's garlic also to keep away the vampires.
With the red beans & black beans & hot pepper you may even think this is like a pumpkin chili!
It's really easy to prepare in your crock pot (or slow cooked in a large pot on the stove on a low setting) & many of the ingredients are right out of the can!
Here's something warm and hearty
Which won't cost you a lot of bills
To serve at your Halloween party
To chase away the ghostly chills— MyFairLadyah
This pumpkin stew recipe makes a hearty and warming meal anytime during Fall and Winter. Just serve with a loaf of nice fresh French or Italian bread
- 1 15 oz can of Pumpkin
- 1 lb of stew meat (omit for vegetarian version)
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 4 -6 cloves garlic minced or 2 TBSP dried minced garlic
- 2 15 oz cans of whole white potatoes with liquid
- 1/2 lb of peeled carrots cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can red beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp of salt (or to taste)
- some fresh ground black pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth (or vegetarian broth)
Serve in a Hollowed Out Pumpkin!
Serve this Delicious Pumpkin Stew in a Hollowed Out Pumpkin If You Dare!
Serve Your Pumpkin Stew in the Lovely Pumpkin Tureen - Set of Two
This 10 inch diameter high gloss ceramic tureen in the shape of a pumpkin is the perfect server for your fall and winter soups and stews.
* Tureen - 6 5/8 Inch tall, 10 5/8 Inch long and 9 Inch wide
* Ladle - 10 1/8 Inch long and 2 5/8 Inch wide
- In a pan on the stove, heat enough olive oil to soften the onions and garlic. Stir. Braise the stew meat in the same pan, stirring with the onions and garlic.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot or slow cooker. Cook on Low Heat all day. Stir occasionally.
- Taste periodically and adjust your spices. Add the amount of broth for the consistency you want.
- Serve with a nice fresh French or Italian Bread
What do You Think of My Pumpkin Stew?
Does This Pumpkin Stew Sound Like Something You Would Eat?
Here are a Few Key Ingredients and a Cookbook for More Recipes
Canned Whole Potatoes
Use these cute white potatoes right from the can if you can't get to the store or you can't find fresh small red potatoes
Here's a Yummy Pumpkin Recipe Cookbook
Pumpkin Stew is Good for You