Ground Beef Homemade Meatballs
How to make quick and easy Meatballs
Do you need meatballs for spaghetti, parties, Hors d'oeuvre's, in creamy gravies. You are at the right place. There a few secret's to making these magnificent little treats. Just remember these simple tips.
Making Meatballs is all in the "Seasoning" you use.
One of the secrets to flavorful meatballs are the onions.
The second secret for perfect texture of meatballs are the bread crumbs.
The third secret is being able to "Smell" the perfect amount of seasonings that is in the batch you've made with out having to measure.
If you can not smell and tell that there is enough seasoning in your batch, then you will just have to measure.
Smelling comes with years of cooking. Don't worry you will learn this within time.
This is what you will need for the Meatballs
* 1 lb. Ground beef
* 1 Egg
* 1/2 onion, chopped fine
* 1/4 cup crushed bread crumbs or crushed stove top Stuffing
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 tablespoon dry or fresh chopped parsley
* 1/2- 3/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
* 1/2 tsp season salt seasoning
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 tablespoon brown mustard
* 1/4 each teaspoon salt & pepper more or less to taste
Preheat oven 350 degrees while preparing Meatball mixture mix
* In a bowl whip the egg
* Add everything except for the ground beef and bread crumbs
* Mix thoroughly
* Add ground beef and bread crumbs
* Mix through either with your hands or a wooden spoon. What ever is comfortable
* Put 2 tablespoons of meatball mixture in palm of hand and roll into a ball. Slightly flatten one side, preferably the down side so they will lay nicely in your pan/dish. Repeat till mixture is gone.
In the Oven they shall go!
350 - 375 degrees depending on how hot your oven gets. Some models are hotter at 350 then others.
Put the meatballs in the oven and let cook for 30 minutes till done in the middle.
Turning should not be needed.
If you want Meatballs smothered in Brown Gravy
Mix in bowl:
* 2 Packets brown or mushroom gravy mix in
1&1/2 cups cold water
* pinch a corner from Knorr Bouillon cube. Will be around 1/4 of the cube
* 1 Tablespoon sour cream
* 1 tablespoon soft cream cheese
Pour over meatballs AFTER meatballs have been in the oven to brown for 15 minutes.
Cook for additional 15-20 minutes. so all flavors can mingle with each other.
Stir once during the 15-20 minutes in oven to help loosen the cream cheese and sour cream.
If you never used Knorr Bouillon - "Maggi" bouillon is also a good brand
Knorr Bouillon powder/cubes are not as salty as other bouillon. You can use them in all your recipes to enhance the flavor of your meals.
The flavors come in chicken, beef and vegetable.
Knorr also has gravies, noodle meals, and much more.
I have been using them for over 20 years. I also keep "Maggi cubes/powder handy too.
These two brands are real favorite.
My Grandmother and Mother used Knorr and Maggi products. I just kept the tradition going. It trickled down further to my Daughter and also my Daughter-in-law. I have tried other brands but they just weren't as good.
Nice beefy flavor for any beef dish. Throw a cube or two when making beef soups, beef stock, brown gravies.