Quick, Easy and Delicious Pecan Turtles
These are delicious, quick, and easy pecan turtle treats. They are wonderful as dessert bites, wrapped up for teacher and hostess gifts, or just as a special treat for yourself!
Even if you aren't a big fan of nuts, this recipe might win you over. I didn't really love pecans until I made these.
The secret is in the light roasting of the pecans! Giving them a gentle toast in the oven makes them nice and crispy. It also removes the bitterness that pecans can have sometimes.
Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes! Enjoy!
- Pecan halves
- Rolo candies, unwrapped
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 225 F.
- Line baking 2 baking sheets with foil and spray with cooking oil.
- Pour about 1 cup of pecan halves onto one sheet and spread them out evenly. Bake pecans for 5 minutes and remove to cool.
- Place unwrapped Rolo candies on other baking sheet. Allow a couple of inches between candies. Bake for 5 minutes. Candies will soften but not flatten out. They will be shiny.
- While Rolos are hot, immediately press one pecan half into each candy. Press down to slightly flatten candy.
- Put the sheet into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to cool.
- While cooling, put about 1 cup of chocolate chips into a microwaveable bowl and melt. Check every 30 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Remove candies from refrigerator.
- Dab each candy with about 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate. Spread around to cover the pecan.
- Put sheet back into refrigerator until completely cooled.
- Remove from sheet and serve or put into gift bags.
I use these Rolo minis, because they are already unwrapped. Quite a timesaver!
Pecan halves are good for this recipe. They are just the right size for a one-bite treat.
I used milk chocolate chips for this demonstration, but semisweet or dark will also work just fine.