- Food and Cooking
Quick & Easy Cupcake Recipe
The Perfect Easy Cupcake Recipe
This recipe is the perfect quick, easy and foolproof cupcake recipe.
How do I know? I've made it myself about one thousand times over the last ten years! I also allow my ten and eight year olds to make it by themselves and it always comes out perfectly for them too.
Not only is this recipe the easiest cupcake recipe that I have come across, but it also makes the lightest, fluffiest and most delicious cupcakes I've ever tasted. I make them for school birthdays as well as for play dates and I always get lots and lots of compliments.
When you've made them please come back to this page and let me know how they tasted via the feedback form at the bottom of the page. I'm certain you are going to love them!
Photo courtesy of Flickr Creative commons from zigazou76
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- Yields: Makes 12 Cupcakes. Easy to double if you want more.
- 125 g unsalted butter (but salted works just fine)
- 125 g Caster Sugar
- 125 g self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat the oven to 200c/gas mark 6
- Put all of the ingredients except the milk into a food processor. Blitz it briefly. Open the lid or chute and put in the two tablespoons of milk and then blitz again until the mixture is well mixed.
- Carefully divide the mixture between 12 cupcake cases set into a muffin pan. Don't try and put the cases on a plain baking tray as they will collapse under the weight of the mixture whilst cooking.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes (I cook mine for 16 minutes exactly, but it depends upon your oven)
- Remove from the oven, allowing them to cool for five minutes in the tray before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- They're ready to decorate!
The things you'll need - (if you don't already have them!)
Other Useful Cupcake Links
These pages contain other links to things that will be really helpful in making your cupcakes.
- Buttercream Icing
An amazingly easy buttercream icing recipe that tastes GREAT!
- martha stewarts cupcakes
From classic and elegant to whimsical and fun, these stunning beauties convey the message that this is indeed a special occasion.
- Cupcakes Take The Cake
Fantastic cupcake blog for ideas and inspiration!
Cupcake Decorating Video
Love Easy Recipes?
Another all time favorite recipe of mine is my microwave chocolate fudge recipe. Try it, you'll love it!
My favorite baking gadget ever - A must have in the kitchen
The one thing that I love to use in my kitchen - and the best thing? It looks fantastic on my workbench too!
If you like that, you might also like ... - All this fun cupcake stuff
The Cupcake Club on Squidoo is an ever-growing collection of the best cupcake recipes ever. You can make pages for your favorite cupcakes (and even earn money from them). Click the big cupcake you see at the right to learn more and get started.