- Food and Cooking
Quick hot meals cooked on a George Foreman grill
Cooking in a hurry and eat great tasting meals
Are you like all those other people out there? Running hear and there, never really getting a chance to have a good lunch time experience? You are probably all too familiar with the sandwich made of dripping, packaged ham, soggy lettuce, and too much mayonnaise.
This does not have to be your meal any longer! Break out of the mold and experience what lunch was supposed to be like! In a matter of only minutes, you too can have a healthy, great tasting meal like the rest of us that were tired of the mundane.
George Foreman to the Rescue
It seems that everyone has seen the crazy commercials on TV about George Foreman and his grills. Many people just glaze over when they see these silly info-mercials, but this one really is one great kitchen gadget. It grills your food very quickly and cleans up in a snap. It is truly a wonderful little machine.
One of the best things about these little grills is that you can pick one up very cheaply. The small, one sandwich version can be as low as $17. For the price of only a couple times out to eat in a fast food joint, you can have this grill that makes healthier, more delicious food.
Another great feature is that you can cook just about anything on it you can imagine. Fish, steak, burgers, and paninis are just the start. Grilling vegi's is also another great thing to do.
You can also take this little guy to work and leave it in the break room. The entire office will love you because they can now quickly have hot sandwiches for lunch instead of the same old boring meals they have grown used to for years.
George Foreman Grills Make Healthier Meals
George Foreman Grill - The magic machine
This is such a great kitchen device, it is simply a must have for people that are wanting quick results that are delicious!
Is there anything better in this world than the perfect Reuben Sandwich? I should say not!
Here is just one way to make this beloved sandwich in your George Foreman grill.
- 2 slices of bread (traditionally rye)
- 2 slices sliced corned beef
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- 1/8 cup Thousand Island dressing (Russian dressing is great too!)
- Butter one side of the bread slices. Spread the Thousand island dressing on the non-buttered sides of the bread.
- Place a slice of bread with buttered side down on grill. Layer 1 slice Swiss cheese, 2 slices corned beef, 1/4 cup sauerkraut and second slice of Swiss cheese on each slice of bread. Top with remaining bread slices. Make sure that the buttered sides is on the outside so it will get grilled as well.
- The easiest way to know when the sandwich is done grilling is to check the sauerkraut. If it is warm, the sandwich is ready to be eaten. Serve hot.
Do you know anyone that doesn't like Chicken Quesadillas? They are quick to make and easy to eat. Quite a treat on the run.
- 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup minced purple onion
- 1/8 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Ground Pepper
- 2 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped pepper and onion; cook 2 1/2 minutes. Add cumin, and cook an additional minute and a half. Add the chicken breast then cook for the final 3 minutes. As you cook, make sure you stir the mix often. Stir in salt and ground pepper.
- Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture on half of the two tortillas. Add half of the shredded cheese to each and fold tortillas in half.
- Grill folded tortillas until cheese is melted and outsides are slightly browned.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Try these easy meals on your grill
There are so many recipes to try on your grill. You could never get around to trying them all. Here are a few ideas to get started with.
- Roast Beef and Muenster Sandwich
- Grilled Squash Spears
- Turkey Burgers
- Grilled Salmon
- Chicken Breasts
Everywhere you turn, you will start to see new types of food to throw on the grill, just to see how it turns out. Never be afraid to try something different, you may end up with a masterpiece!
George Foreman on Amazon
George Forman Grills are the best around, right?
What do you think? Do you love these kitchen devices or not?