- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Pizza Crust Recipe
I believe it was my grandmother who taught me how to make pizza. This is the recipe I always use to make the crust. It is simple, quick, and easy. I know that many people add lots of ingredients to their pizza crusts, but I really don't think that is necessary. The best crust is made up of just a few basic ingredients. I use to bake and sell pizzas for extra money and people would buy them regularly. People always said the crust was one of the best parts so I hope you enjoy it as well!
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 cup water, heated to 110 degrees
- 1 packet yeast
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- 1 table spoon salt
- 1/2 stick melted butter, (optional)
- Put 2 cups of flour and salt in bowl
- Heat water to 110 degrees. A candy thermometer or something similar will work well. It is important to get the right temperature as any higher or lower will not allow yeast to activate properly.
- Empty packet of yeast into heated water and allow to dissolve.
- Pour water with dissolved yeast into flour and stir until you cannot stir with a spatula any more.
- Remove dough from bowl, add olive oil and knead for at least 5-7 minutes. Form into smooth ball. Additional 1/2 cup of flour may be used at this step to make dough less sticky and easier to work with.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, covered with cloth, in a warm place. I always turn the oven on and back off. Then I place the dough in the oven. The dough should be risen and ready in roughly 45 minutes.
- After dough has risen, take out of bowl and knead a bit more on counter or cutting board. Use a rolling pin to stretch dough. Add flour if needed.
- Transfer dough to 16inch pizza pan and shape to fit. Spread melted butter on crust at this point if desired. Bake crust for 7-8 minutes at 475 degrees. Remove. Add desired toppings. Reheat with toppings for additional 7-8 minutes.
Keep in mind that the whole process of making pizza dough takes practice. My first time making pizza was a disaster. After a time or two you will be able to perfect this crust recipe and enjoy delicious pizza with ease. The photo above is a finished product that I made the other day. Experiment with your favorite toppings!