- Food and Cooking
Quinoa Veggie Sliders
Quinoa Veggie Sliders are a great little dish for using all of your vegetable leftovers. I chose carrots and spinach, but you can use whatever you may have on hand such as broccoli, bell peppers or zucchini. These can be made a day ahead and when you are ready, they sure do cook up nice and quickly.
If you have never cooked with Quinoa (keen-wah) before, you will enjoy the nutty flavor and versatility. Quinoa is not a whole grain but a seed which is gluten-free and can be substituted in a variety of dishes for rice, couscous and whole grains.
Tip: For extra spicy sliders, add a pinch of ground red pepper to the mix or serve with hot sauce.
Serves: Makes 10 sliders
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, eggs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper.
- Fold in remaining ingredients (except olive oil) until well mixed.
- Shape into 10 slider size patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Cook 8-10 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- Serve on a bed of salad greens or on slider rolls with lettuce and tomato.